Thursday, June 26, 2008

Goodbye for now...

For all my faithful readers...I will not be posting for the next 18 days, (unless I find some time and Internet access), we will be on our family vacation! Yeah!!! Yet, before we can go on vacation we have a lot to do! Tomorrow I will be running around like mad returning, buying and doing last minute checks. Sat. we are happy to be hosting our dear friends Tami and Gary's engagement party! We are so excited to have the opportunity to do this for them! They are so much fun and we know it will be a great time with all! Sunday we are off for the marathon 26+ hours in the car. From here we will head to Va. to see family and spend the night. Then we will wake up and head to N.C. to see some more family and spend the fourth of July! Sat. the 5th we will take two days to sight see our way to Ohio. Then in Ohio we will again be with family and go to Cedar Point! Apparently we are camping too, but I might put the kabosh on that one...camping and a 4 month old don't go too well! (: I know we will be thrilled to see family, but I do know I will be longing for home! Nothing like home!

On a side note: On July 1 I will hit a major life milestone...My 30th Birthday!!! I can't believe I am 30!!! I still think I am 16! There are many mixed emotions with 30...gray hair, wrinkles, age spots, fattening of the belly...need I say more! (: I never thought I would ever be 30. All the years of I can't wait until I am 13, then 16, then 18, then 21, then 25...I have never said I can't wait until I am 30! All the looking forward to's are gone and now the looking back begins! Oh well...Bring on the gray hair, wrinkles, spots, fat and much more!!! 30 here I come!

Here is Margaret Ruth already on vacation, (our swimming pool).

3 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! That's a lot of hours in a car with 3 kids. Yikes.

Have a good time and hopefully we'll see you in Montreat for the 4th.

Cissie said...

Way to tackle a serious Road Trip. I guess we get to see on the 4th! I hope so, because I want to hold that baby girl! Happy early BDAY!!! We love you and see you soon!

Kristy said...

Have a great trip! Enjoy every minute!

And Happy 30th!!! I am right behind ya. I remember thinking 30 was so old. What a different perspective now, eh?!

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

PS. Loved the picture of MR on the birth announcement! I have it hanging on the fridge. :)