On Tuesday night we all went to Walker's recognition service were the teachers acknowledged each child's gift...Walker got unselfish...and then acknowledged the kids who excelled. As I was watching all the pre-teens proudly accept their piece of paper from the teacher I welled up with tears. I never imagined that we would be here. I guess I always thought he'd be little forever and that elementary life would always be apart of our schedule. In my heart I knew that this next stage meant that he would need me less! Of course that brought the tears down my cheeks. Then the realization that I only have both the boys for seven more years before college...Boohoo. I plan on making those years the best of their lives and enjoying every minute of it!
Congratulations Walker and Zach on finishing this major milestone in your life and for a job well done! You both are delightful young men and make us very proud!
Tomorrow is Zach's recognition service, where Todd will realize what I did on Tues. Our time with him is limited!
All 60 fifth graders! All of them were recognized.
Walker was beyond bored. He was cracking us up with his lack of enthusiaism clapping!
The new middle school student
2 comments:
Um, well i don't think you will have to worry about the opposite sex, if the boys keep the twizlers in their noses!
I cant believe they graduated from elementary, but middle school is way cool!!! Just wait till they start sex ed and all those questions come up!!!
wow...middle school! A whole new chapter! I love the pic of him looking bored out of his mind. :) too cute.
Post a Comment