Where I left off...Phillies won the world series! Unbelievable! The city erupted with a lot of overturned vehicles and trash to prove we had won. I have never understood or felt so strongly about a win to push over cars...call me crazy, but that isn't my way of celebrating. Needless to say on Friday, (Halloween) we decided to pull the troops out of school and attend the Phillies celebration parade. Everyone on TV said to take public transportation instead of driving into the city. If you drove it would be a nightmare...Boy of Boy did they have to eat crow. Todd and I left our house at 10:15 and were in the city by 11. To top that we found a parking spot only a block off the parade path. Meanwhile the poor public transportation riders had to deal with couple hour waits and crowded trains. So we were happy our route worked great! Margaret Ruth went into my new ERGO carrier...We had a Jeep carrier but it was difficult...This carrier is fabulous I had her in the pack for 2 plus hours and it didn't bother me. The boys handled ed themselves well! To pass time someone started throwing a ball and apparently fun wasn't on the police people's agenda...they stole the ball. Of course there were plenty of back up. Eventually everyone started to throw the balls at the police officers. To be honest I don't blame them either the cops were being unnessiarly power hungry. Oh well, considering all the hype it wasn't a big parade. I think in totally they had 4 double Decker buses. Yet, it was an experience I never have had and either had the boys.
The sea of people who stood by us
It was difficult finding a place to see the parade.
The Philly Phanatic
The mean cops that took a little girls ball.
The family enjoying our experience
Once we got home we had to get dressed in out costumes to go trick or treating. Over the years the kids have began to realize trick or treating isn't about the kids, but it is how much candy they can get for their parents...Needless to say both the boys had pillow cases 1/2 full and little Margaret Ruth even collected...Thanks to the brothers! It's terrible isn't it. Even after all of us eating pieces for the past two weeks we have 3/4 full of a Trader Joe's Paper grocery bag. We are dwindling to the pieces we don't like.
Zach the rich Dr., Walker the cat lady, MR the flower
The family before Candy...YUM
Our annual walk with Sara
Margaret Ruth and Jordon
No we didn't plan the same outfits and in this picture MR is doing what she does best now a days...gouging Jordon eyeballs out.
Charlie, MR and Jordon
Finally this weekend....on Thursday we headed out for a long 10 hour drive to NC to celebrate my grandfather...Daddy Bill's 90th Birthday. Before the big party on Friday evening we went and visited a lot of cousins I hadn't seen a awhile. When there are 19 grand kids it is hard to get all of us together. Even though most were there some were still missing...ROY/DONNA. That evening we all headed to the party at the old Cove Camp cafeteria and had b'que. Daddy Bill seemed to enjoy it, but as the grump he can be had to complain a little bit. When I asked him if he had a good time he said NO. I said Why and he replied he was too tired. Since he is 90 we can give him tired. He also told one of my cousins when they asked what he plans to accomplish this year that he plans to die. Needless to say the halted the conversation! He cracks me up! The whopper of the night was his present...A couple of weeks earlier my aunt had written all her siblings and said she had the best gift but needed everyone to chip in $100 per family (there are five). So on Friday everyone was dying to find out what this wonderful gift was....It was a $500 Rag doll cat...Yes, CAT. Despite the fact that Daddy Bill had told my sister in law a couple weeks earlier that he HATES cats and that he has three dogs that won't mind having the cat for dinner I thought it was a little bit much for a cat. We could have paid a $25 adoption fee at the pound and saved a cat. Oh, well. It was fun!
Sunday we made the long trek home while I was sick. Actually I still am...I didn't get the flu shot and now the flu found me.
I will post pictures of his birthday another time...it won't let me add anymore.
2 comments:
Daddy Bill a complainer? No way! HAHAHAHA I am laughing so hard. He always knows how to halt a conversation. I heard about the cat...yeah, you know how many animals we have given, bc daddy bill has asked for them, and then 2 weeks later he wants them taken away? I don't know why we keep thinking Animals are the gifts to give. I hate we missed it, wish we could have seen you.
Okay, I'm laughing at him telling you that he wasn't having fun. I can totally hear him say that. The last time we visited him, the FIRST thing he said to me and Roy was "I'm sick"!!!!! LOL!
let me explain my absence. Roy told me it was a PROGRAM!!! I could not bring RA to that thing. He would have driven me and everyone else crazy. After the fact, I heard that everyone brought their kids and I instantly felt like the in-law loser....the outsider who everyone talks about and thinks is an idiot!!!! I'm so sorry I did not attend. I'm going to his other shindig tomorrow night. Let's hope he has fun at that party:)
Oh, and the boys and MR look CUTE in their halloween costumes:)
Post a Comment