On a side note:
We went out to dinner with my 91 year old grandmother on Tuesday. She is so amazing. She drives (even though she probably shouldn't), goes around the country speaking, lives on her own and is so independent...Need I say more. When we join her for dinner it is always on her stomping grounds at places she enjoys. Usually these are the nicer restaurants of the area, (not that they taste better they just charge more). We tend to go to dinner at the Blue Bell Inn and that night was no different. Our normal conversation is about what it was like back when, but this night Oma (grandmother) seemed somber that night. Something was definitely weighing on her. She spoke of the economy and her business which her husband and my father built. The outlook was looking bleak. I tried to move the conversation onto something lighter...I wanted her to feel loved and be able to laugh...almost an escape of sorts. Well, children are a great way to lighten the mood. Walker told her about his trip to Va. during Thanksgiving! She seemed to cheer up. We then turned out attention to Margaret Ruth and of course she performed. Margaret Ruth ate bread, potatoes, milk, her food and so much more. Oma was impressed with her hunger and babbling. Soon laughter filled the air. Dinner came and before I knew it we were ordering dessert! The waiter had just left to put in our order and I was speaking to Oma when all of a sudden I hear blaaaaaa, blaaaaa, I look over to see my daughter vomiting. When I say vomiting that doesn't do it justice...This was full on Niagara Falls event that kept coming up. Needless to say it was over everything even her new outfit and shoes! Immediately the waiter brought towels and we cleaned up a little before taking Margaret Ruth to the bathroom to clean up. Even though it sucked cleaning up...It did bring a huge smile to Oma's face. Good job Margaret Ruth!
1 comment:
I can't believe your grandmother is 91 and looks that good!!! With her and Daddy Bill, you have good genes in your family!!
Sorry about the throw up. I hate it when that happens!
Post a Comment