December 15th was unusually warm around Philly...a balmy 67-70 degrees. I went on facebook and saw a friend of mine was going to the zoo. Immediately I called her and told her I was going to tag along. She was excited that she'd have a buddy to go with her. On top of her two kids we met her cousin, cousins two kids, cousins mother-in-law, cousins sister-in-law, cousins father-in-law and cousins nephew. Whew it was a large group, but it made it fun! It was such a beautiful day and was so much fun! Thanks Evie for letting us tag along.
Christmas:
This year was the first year ever that we did not spend with family elsewhere, but at home! The thought made me sad and made my Christmas spirit diminish. Nothing like family and mom to put her touch on Christmas! Let me tell you if you have never stayed home it is a must!!!! I loved every minute of having Christmas at home. It was extremely peaceful and nice just to be here. I even cooked Christmas dinner and wasn't stressed out! Over all it was a wonderful day! We woke up around 9 am and stayed in our PJ's, (which we are never allowed to do at my mom's...A new tradition for us) to open our stockings. We then had breakfast...baked apples, eggs, bacon and toast! YUMMY! Then we opened one big gift and waited for the Dormon's to arrive. Around 1 pm the Dormon's arrived and we opened our big gifts. Margaret Ruth wasn't into her gifts at all, but was into what everyone else was opening! She cracks me up! Let me just tell you...We bought Sara a "Tickle Me Elmo Live" and you would have thought I gave this 60 plus year old a million dollars. She was so funny! It made her year! Walker got everything he would ever need in Celtics, Jaguar, Texas Tech, Auburn and Panthers gear! He was a happy boy! Margaret Ruth got more than a 10 month old needs, but she will tap into them soon. Todd got an ipod touch and has yet to put it down. I got a new car (used, but has all the bells and whistles) and makeup. Needless to say no matter how many times we say we are going to scale it down it seems we only do the same or more. Next year I would like to do three gifts...one to represent each gift the wise men gave Jesus. I have been trying to do that for years, but want to implement it before Margaret Ruth knows better. By 2 we were sitting down for a nice home cooked meal. We spent the next couple of hours playing around with the new toys and enjoying the stillness of Christmas!
The day after Christmas we headed out to Ohio for a week of fun with Todd's family. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Saturday we went to church and dinner with family. It was a large crowd and I know the Grandma Jane was happy to have everyone in church with her to celebrate her passed husband's birthday. We had a family get-together on Sunday where we exchanged gifts. Sale shopping was on Monday. Tuesday we went to lunch with Grandma Jane then to dinner with Todd's dad. Wednesday, Margaret Ruth was sick so I stayed home with her and Todd went to see his cousin and Grandma Jane. New Year's Eve night we went to Jared and Jody's (Todd's step brother) house to celebrate Jody's birthday! New Years Day we headed home! Whew...I love the visit, but it is always nice to be home in our bed!
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago



No comments:
Post a Comment