Tuesday, January 6, 2009

On my knees...

Whether or not this is the forum for this is yet to be told. I am sure most would say it isn't a place for this type of request, but before I completely give up I figured I'd give this a shot.

For those of you who know my mom, Ruth Graham,
For those who have heard of her and even those who don't know or haven't heard of her; I beg of you to pray for her! My mother is making a HUGE decision in the next three weeks. It is a life changing decision and one I am not comfortable with. To be honest one I am completely against, (at least for the time being). There would be nothing better to have to say on this, "Mom, I am wrong", but my gut doesn't think that is the case. My prayer is that God's will be done and shown in her decision. That if this is of God may I begin to feel at peace or if it isn't of God that he slam the door shut and/or protect her from harm.

I love my mom and will support her whatever decision.

4 comments:

Cissie said...

You have been in my thoughts. We are praying!

Kristy said...

Wow, what a tough situation. I will definitely be praying for you and for your mom and that God's wisdom, clarity and peace fill you both!

Thinking of you!

Eloise said...

I've read your mother Ruth Graham's book "In every pew sits a broken heart" which from a UK Christian perspective I found quite self-indulgant and felt very sorry for the situation that her children were put into at a cricial time in their lives.

US American Christians currently seem obsessed by abortion and gay issues but here in the UK we still have a problem with the re-marriage of divorced persons which seems to be against our understanding of NT Scriptural teaching and with which most of us believe is equally as displeasing to God.

Donna said...

Oh my goodness, Isabella! Wow. That's all I can say.