Saturday, October 3, 2009

Do you hear that?

I sure don't...It is one quiet and peaceful house! I am all alone, (except for a sleeping Margaret Ruth), am able to watch "chick flicks" and crochet in peace. Yup, instead of trying to work, run around cleaning up, grocery shopping I decided to come home, put MR to bed, take a hot bath and find something great to watch on TV. Don't I feel a little guilty?

You ask where are the boys...They are all in DC to attend the Tampa Bucs chapel service tonight then the Redskins/Tampa game tomorrow! My sister and her husband decided to put this together as a surprise for Walker. They wanted to give him something special in the midst of Todd and I's distraction with Payson. Fortunately, it worked out that all the boys could go and enjoy a game, cheer on Corey Lynch (a bucs player and married to my cousin...Great, solid guy that my boys adore) and get away from here even for just a night! Thanks Maury and Noelle for setting this up and giving the time to my boys! I know they are enjoying it more than they have words for!

Payson didn't have a great day, but he is here, breathing and alive! What more can I ask for? I do wish his breathing episodes would dissipate, but they seem to be caused by his excretions. When they get too thick for him to handle or for the tube to handle he can't breathe causing these episodes. I fully expect them to go away when he has his surgery until then we just have to try and stay on top of his suction. We have our fingers crossed for Monday, so keep praying for that miracle.

I am going to end this so I can crochet and get in some me time, but know I won't be posting until late Monday after his study is complete. We still don't have a time when the study will happen, but Todd and I will be at the hospital around 8 am and stay until the study is complete to make sure we don't miss the surgeon. So, please pray when you think of us during the day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Payson truly is a doll! And he looks incredibly healthy, especially for all he's been thru. He is one truly prayed for little boy...as are you, Todd, family & docs. Really will be in prayer about the test tomorrow. Think it's great you had some alone time yesterday. Very important that you & Todd do what you need to stay on top physically, emotionally, & spiritually.

Much love, cathie b