Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sort Update?!

Today, Payson had his upper GI study done and as uncomfortable as he was he did very well. Such a good boy! Despite earlier studies the test revealed a severe (in my opinion) stricture at his esophageal repair site. To give you an idea how tight it is the tube that used to go down Payson's nose into the pouch was a size 8,the tube they used today to was 5 and they still couldn't enter the repair site. Ut Oh! We aren't sure what this means for Payson long or short term. The surgeon has looked at the X-Ray, but has yet to communicate any plan to us. So, we sit and wait for a plan to be put into place!

I was so hoping that this would be a complication that we could avoid and check off our list. Oh, well.

I will keep you posted as I know things.

1 comment:

jane said...

Sweet baby.....He is so determined and tough. Know that we continue to be praying for you and your sweet family. Love you