Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Say What?

As most of you know, (through facebook), Payson had an MRI of his head today. Last night was one full of dread b/c I just didn't want to hear anything negative. As one can imagine we have had enough mountains put in our way and just didn't want another thing. On top of that we dreaded any after affects that Payson might have from the anesthesia. If you can recall last time he developed a rash and had a hard time breathing and had to be on oxygen for 24 hours. Well, God heard every one's heart felt prayers and he came out of anesthesia smiling! As soon as they called us back to see him afterwards we noticed a crowd of 5 woman surrounding him...There he was flirting with each and every one of them! Once he saw me he lit up like a Christmas tree and all the women oh and ahhed over his smile at mommy. He won their hearts and each one of them sia he was too adorable and a perfect baby! Not too toot my own horn but I agree! At one point a teenager came out of surgery and had a difficult time waking up. This poor boy was so confused, screaming and flailing. We sat Payson up to change him and he just looked over stared at the boy as if to say, "baby". It cracked me up! When we got home all was well and Payson had no side affects! He actually was able to come off his vent for a couple of hours with ease!

It was actually supposed to take 24 hours to get the results, but later this afternoon our doctor called with the results. She said they found out that he has a large head...Well dugh! That he has cutis aplasia...um yea, our insurance company paid how much for this information? Then they did say they saw some extra fluid on his brain, but nothing to be concerned about and nothing that should affect him in the future. His pituitary glad is not in the "normal" place, but again that isn't a concern and won't affect him at all. So, all went well with the MRI.

On a very exciting note: yesterday Payson was off the vent for 8 hours straight!!!!! 8 hours continuous with no help from the vent! 8 hours without any strain, stress or problems! Woohoo! Even though he didn't sprint today as long as yesterday, he did take some time off the vent. I think maybe 4 hours vs. the 8! When Payson's doctor came up to visit us on the PACU floor and I told him about Payson's sprint yesterday he smiled and said we are closer! I looked at him and said so maybe August isn't too unrealistic to decanulate (get rid of the trach). He smiled and said that would be really pushing it! He didn't say it wasn't possible, so now you know my new goal, (even though I am realistic too knowing that there is a 99% chance it won't happen), a girl can dream can't she!

Last night might have been a night of dread, but tonight is one of celebration! Thank you all for your prayers! They have been felt and heard!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is great news, sweetheart! I saw that you called yesterday but I didn't get back until late. You are perservering - I am proud of you. Mom

Kristy said...

Wow, Windsor! What a great report! Just catching up on your blog. I love reading your thoughts. You are so real and raw on here. You are such a good mama. You inspire me. Keep hanging in there girl!

Unknown said...

I've been out of town. Just saw your blog today. Wonderful!! Praise the Lord! You and Todd are being amazing parents.
Love, Sandra