Tuesday, May 4, 2010

While we wait...

In order to get the depressing post to move down I had planned on posting a video of our sweet baby boy giving us many coo's and giving an old man laugh. It is so cute! When you aren't expecting to hear any sounds from your baby and you do it makes it a million times sweeter! Anyways, while I wait for Todd to cut the video down I figured I would update on Payson quickly:

Today we had a doctor's appointment with our genetics doctor. Do you all remember her? You know the one who says his ears are small, his pinky is curved, etc. The ah ha moment for you might be when I say that I wanted to scream at her that I have a boob bigger than the other. Yup, that doctor! She didn't say anything new when inspecting him like a foreign object, but she did express some concern for the size of Payson's head. I think I have mentioned how big his squash is...it is 98 percentile. He has got one fat head! As you inspected and measured his head she asked if he'd had an MRI of the head. I said "No, but why do you ask". She then said that she was concerned over the size of his head and when they mapped out his head circumference over his lifespan it goes straight up. Which is not normal. She is worried he might have hydrocephalus. She said it wasn't an emergency due to the fact his fontanelle is still soft, but that we needed to check on it. GREAT! I just smiled and thought what's next! (:

Tomorrow/today is a big day for us as we three big doctors appointments.

The first is with plastics to discuss why Payson's scalp has been busting open. I am curious to find out if the bumps on his head are scar tissue or are they part of his cutis aplasia. It will be nice to see our dr.

The second is with pulminology in which Payson will have his new trach placed and we will see if it does the job! Woohoo! We are all so excited about this and have probably put too much stock into this basket. We really hope this solves some of the breathing difficulties when he is off the vent.

The final appointment is with ENT where we will finally get some definitive answers on Payson's hearing. As one can imagine we are eagerly anticipating this doctor's appointment.

So, here is too a good day!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's day, my darling daughter. I am proud of you. And I admire you.
Mom