Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Plan

I just received an email from Payson's doctor and here is the plan:

First, I am supposed to take a deep breath!!! Then we will go down to his office in another week or two and bronch him in the office with trachs in place. This will allow us to look below the trach to see what is going on. He doubts that there is anything to be concerned with above the trach. If his airway is bad meaning "floppy/collapse" then we will have to re-evaluate the decanulation (take trach out) for later this summer (August). If it looks good then we can continue as planned. So, the plan is to wait and see what the scope shows!

As you can imagine this would be a heart-breaking disappointment for all of us! We really just want this to be finished! Yet, as I posted two days ago...things could be worse. We could be fighting for Payson's life. It still sucks though!

No comments: