On Thursday Todd, the kids and I escaped cloudy, cool Philadelphia for the warmth of the Fla. sunshine. Believe it or not it cost us $79 to fly all five of us down here! It was $79 b/c we choose our seats it would have been $34. We love our rewards credit cards!!!! Anyways we arrived with me being slightly feverish and it going down hill from there. As of today I have had...fevers, double ear infection, sore throat, stuffy nose, pink eye, aches and pains...I think that is about it opps forgot the endless cough!!! Augh! Because I was feeling like "crap" I decided that I should go to a doctor to make sure I was safe to fly with my ear infection. Well, the doctor advised me not to fly for another three days...We now are having to stay in warm sunny Fla. for another three days. My poor best friend and her family. We are all staying in her three bedroom 2 bath house. It has managed to handle all ten of us!!! (: It is cozy and a lot of fun!
Aside from me being sick....
On Friday the kids played outside. They love playing Gator ball...some game that Glenn (Meg's husband) made up. They boys (including the husbands) love playing that game. They also swam. Unfortunately the kids got burned with sunscreen on!
Sat. we went to Wantado City...this is such an awesome place. It is a place for kids to pick out what they want to do. They can be policemen, bakers, firefighters, bankers, teachers, hairdressers, etc....They get "paid" for all the jobs they perform and they also have to pay to do certain things...like make candy at Willy Wonka and the Choc. factory. The kids love this place and it is nice for the parents too. We all had bracelets that allowed us to keep track of each other. This allowed Meg and me to have adult conversation.
Sun. Todd went scuba diving and the kids spent the day playing around the house...Gator ball again!!!! Then we met my crazy cousins and aunt for dinner. We had a blast and I enjoy seeing the Tchivijian's every time.
Monday the boys went to the beach in the morning and then came home to play. The kids got burned again...This time with sunscreen applied even better. Meghan and I went to lunch then did some running around. Of course we went to the Dr. where we were told we would have to extend our vacation...We don't mind at all....
That is it for now! I will post pictures when we get home!!!!
Oh as far as everyone else being sick....
The boys were sick a week before we left...one had double ear infection and the other had fevers and cough.
Todd thank God hasn't had one symptom.
Margaret Ruth hasn't gotten sick, but does have pink eye with me.
We are praying that no one endures this awful sickness!!!!
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
2 comments:
Ugh...poor girl! I hope you are soon over this yuck and feeling better. How fun to get away to Fl for a few days! Post pics when you get back. ;) Feel better soon!
Sounds fun! I'm sorry about the sicknesses. That's always how it is, you get sick on vacations or on the days you have off from work!!
Post a Comment