Not nesserarly boots were made for walkin, but her feet sure are. The noise in our house has been expanded by the pitter patter of Margaret Ruth's feet...Yep, she's a walkin! Over the past few weeks we have spent time allowing Margaret Ruth to hold onto our fingers and direct her way. She had gotten so confident in where she wanted to go we knew it was just a matter of time. Today, Todd allowed me to have a "mommy day" which allowed me to have lunch with my "mom", shop and run errands. Funny thing is before I even finished lunch it was time to get home so I ran quickly through the other running around, (fyi Gymbucks are back at Gymboree...gotta love Gymboree! The daisy line is too cute), okay not so quickly at Gymboree, but hey a girls got to be stylin. I was getting in my car to do one last earrond and Todd calls me to say that Margaret Ruth took a step to Walker. What? Why? Then I was in disbelief because Todd has been trying to get her to take a step for the last week, (is he trying to elevate my stress level with a running toddler? Hmmm, makes me think), so of course he had to be imagining it. So, I asked him how many steps and he said 1 1/2. Okay, so nothing to rush home too, but it was a developing story so one last pit stop and home I came. When I got home Todd immediately said watch this...He held her up until she got balanced and took one, two, three, four, five steps to me!!!! No mother could have been more proud and apparently either could another baby. She got off balanced because she was so excited and proud of herself that when she clapped it messed her up. Too precious!!!!! She didn't just perform this once, but did it over and over to Dad, Mom and Walker! It was a fun moment in this house.
So, now we are putting things up higher and gearing up to be "running" after her shortly. I am so happy for her and proud, but in another sense sad...She is almost a year, where did the time go?! All along Todd has said, "I can't wait until she can do this," and I have told him to, "don't wish it away. Let's just enjoy the moments we have now". Now I feel like it has gone too quickly and would like to back up time for a little while! Oh, well onwards and upwards!
We do have video of our pitter patter, but Todd hasn't sent it to me yet. Pictures, you say? My camera suddenly has gone MIA. Tonight's post was going to be about Christmas, (I was trying to get the Thank you cards out of the way before posting Christmas), then I was going to post about a Stripper...I can't wait to share that story and so on. I hope to find it soon so I can post about Christmas. If I don't find it in a couple of days I will just have to blog about the stripper. Are you in suspense yet?
Until then we will be walkin!
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
2 comments:
YEA MR!!!! She's walking early! I bet it's from watching her big brothers and wanting to be just like them:
Glad you got some time to yourself, too!
Can't wait to see that video!
And the stripper??? Do tell, Do tell!!!!
Post a Comment