Sunday, February 1, 2009

Camera, Camera Where Art Thou?

Answer to the title question: At home apparently! This weekend Walker, Margaret Ruth and I headed out late Friday morning to spend the weekend in the "Ville" (That is for all those "Burg" fans) aka Charlottesville to visit with my sister and her precious family. Wouldn't you know I forgot my camera at home so I have no pictures! Noelle did have one on hand and I will have to have her send those to me.

Anyways, much too our surprise, on the way into Charlottesville, we got to visit my mom at her new house. Mom was headed to Africa the next day so I wasn't 100% sure if we'd even get to see her, but she hurried up with her tasks and gave us 2 hours of her time. It was a nice visit and mom has some work ahead of her with the house! My mom has an art for decorating so she can make the ugliest house desirable! Good Luck Mom...work your magic! It does have a pretty yard with a lake that I am sure my boys will enjoy! Walker got to hang out with the boys for a little while and they seemed to bond quickly over XBOX. Funny how boys/men bond! Margaret Ruth was busy exploring the house and allowing the dog to lick her tongue!!! GROSS!! Every time the dog would get near MR would open her mouth to allow the dog to lick her in the mouth. I tried to get her to stop telling her that it was gross, but she remained unfazed by the words and continued on! Grody! It was a nice visit and much too short!

After the visit with mom I headed to Noelle's for dinner and to settle in for the night! We enjoyed some pizza and then sent Walker off to his dad's for the weekend. By the time everyone settled down we went were beat and headed off to bed! The next morning we headed off to my sister's fave. children's clothing shop for there 50% off sale. I managed to find some adorable smocks for MR next year to wear at Christmas for only $30. I was happy with my purchase! We then headed to my mom's old house to pick through the furniture that was left. We love it when mom moves because the girls always get some nice pieces out of the deal! (: Even if I don't have room for it I will claim the furniture just b/c I like it and it is free! Now only to find a free way to get it up here! Arr! Being a chronic sleepyhead I decided it was time take a nap with MR. We didn't get much sleep b/c sweet Mary Clair wanted to play! Noelle made a yummy dinner and then we bathed the kids. Once they were in bed we watched Failure to Launch. This morning they headed to church while I stayed at the house to pack up. Today was such a beautiful day outside that we extended our stay a couple of hours for the kids to play outside. Walker even came back early to get some time with his cousins! I managed to learn that MR loves slides...She had so much fun on the slide. Giggled and laughed going down! It was too sweet! At 2 we had to go so that I'd get home at a decent hour! Todd must have missed us b/c he made dinner, (okay he made chilly dogs is that even dinner?) made my fave. chocolate covered strawberries and tea! I still have to unpack the car full of furniture I could stuff in there! Even though my weekend wasn't a WooHoo kind of weekend with my sister it was a nice weekend. I love just being with her and talking to her about sister and mommy stuff! We hadn't done a weekend that was just "our"(Not to visit anyone other than the sister) weekend for a long time, so it was overdue. Sometimes my visit with her can get so clouded b/c I stay with mom and don't get a lot of time with her or the kids! So, after my mom's marriage two weeks ago I felt that this needed to happen so that we could lend each other support! That we did!

Thanks Noelle for a nice weekend away! You amaze me as a fabulous mommy to three small children! I love you very much and as long as I am alive I will always be there for you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, sweet post, Windsor! How far is the ville from PA?!?!

Windsor said...

It is only 4 hours!

Donna said...

Those are the best weekeneds--the ones with no schedule and plenty of sister time:) I'm glad you were able to do it! Do a post on your free furniture!

Kristi Smalley said...

What a sweet sister you are, Windsor.

I agree with DOnna, let us see your freebies. We will live vicariously through you.

JR said...

Windsor,
I am JesseRuth Hannahs little sister. Your swap gift was mailed on Monday. Hope you like it.

Glenda said...

Windsor,
This is JesseRuth's mom. If you don't get your gift today, please let us know.
Love,
Glenda