Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nair'n it!


Saving $$$$ seems to be the reoccurring theme in our lives these days. So, to do my part I decided to use Nair for my facial touch ups instead of going to the salon to be waxed for $23.00 every two weeks. There are other places that do it much cheaper than the $23, but I was never satisfied because they'd always leave a patch of hair. Then the last time I got waxed at the cheap nail salon she put on the really hot wax, put on the cloth, rubbed it, rubbed it, rubbed it some more, kept rubbing it and then pulled my lip straight off. Needless to say the scab remained for weeks and I decided cheaper wasn't always better. Now, some of you might say, "Aren't you blond?" The answer is yes, but like most of you know there is nothing more bothersome then when you see the little hairs forming a mustache on your upper lip. What is even worse is when you husband makes the comment about the stache growing longer and longer or that you could possibly start braiding it...I think you have the point. So, over the past couple of months I have used this awesome product called Nair facial. It is perfect. It gets all the hair off in one swoop of the warm washcloth and the best part it doesn't hurt at all!!!! The only down side is that it tends to stink, but it is only while the product is on your face...really on your lip and the stench is right at your nose. Okay, let's focus. Today I felt I could use my lip hair for dental floss and decided to Nair it. I only do the lip b/c I can tweeze the eyebrow. Let's just say that when the direction say 5 minutes or less they really mean it. I put the product on, put in my contacts, flossed, tongue scraped and brushed my teeth which must have taken longer then expected. I think it must have been 6 minutes and when I wiped my new found friend off; it left me looking like I have a herpes infested lip. ARRRR Just when I was going to head home for the weekend this happens!!! Good thing we are only going to move furniture, (pictures to come next week of my new loot). Since it is my fault I still recommend this Nair facial, but abide by the directions!!! (:

6 comments:

Cissie said...

It is so funny you just posted this, because just like you said, to save money on our new budget, I didn't get my lipped wax last month. But try being pasty white with a DARK statche. I was complaining to corey how nasty I feel and it hurts too much to pluck. I will try this new product. It better not leave me with any bad results!!!

Donna said...

Cissie, first off I'm laughing at the thought of you with a dark "stache"! HAHAH!

Maybe I should get my lip waxed, but I am afraid if I do, it will grow back more? I need to get my eyebrows waxed but I always put that off, too. I need to get this product and try it on the brows.

Windsor said...

Donna if you ever get your lip done when they put the was on your lip put your lips together as if you have no teeth. It looks werid, but it takes the sting out a little bit.

Jennifer said...

So Windsor, I'm assuming you can do this when you're pregnant? Because I have a horrible stache that really needs some taming and I usually do the wax strips that hurt like the dickens. I'm going to SO try this one!!! I remember back when I was working and before Max when I could pay to have every inch of my body waxed...oh, those were the days! :)

How are you feeling? Have you been to the doctor yet? C'mon...tell a stranger all the details! :)

jane said...

You girls crack me up. I don't remember having a mustache when I was young...Being pregnant does make things grow though!!!!! I am still growing. Love you

jane said...

..........and I am not pregnant!