My plan for the next couple of months is to do a "Person Spotlight" on someone special to me. In my "Spotlight" I am going to tell a little about that person and why they are so special to me. Now most of these people will never read my blog, but I want to get this into my blog book. I want my kids to know how much God has blessed me with the people who surround me! I am one lucky girl.
To kick off this series, I am going to "Spotlight" my sister! (Now, some of you would think I should spotlight my hubby first...I will, but felt pulled to do my sister first).
Elizabeth Noelle Dienert, is the first of three children for my parents and the first to be born in the year 1974 in Phoenixville, Pa. Boy, oh, boy did my parents have a rude awakening when my brother and I came along. I kindly say that Noelle ruined it all for us. She was the ideal kid that everyone wanted and that my brother and I could never be. (: She worked very hard and put 100% into everything. Nothing was ever mediocre for her.
As kids, I never once felt like we were in competition. In my opinion this is a rarity, you always hear stories about siblings trying to out do the other, but I never once felt that towards my sister. She always celebrated my accomplishments and was genuinely happy for me. One day I was riding my horse up the hill and he began to canter. My sister saw this happening ran to me and was so happy for me that I had finally cantered. Noelle always made me feel like I mattered! She laughed at my jokes, made me feel as if I could teach her something, enjoyed my company and hung out with me. There was a time where we drove to the beach together behind my mom and we had the best time laughing, talking and making up hand motions to a Michael W. Smith song,(I still remember the hand motion). There have been many times where Noelle would ask for my opinion on her boyfriends, clothes and friends. When she would ask me an important question about her life I would feel so special and important to her. To this day I don't think she has any clue how much those simple questions meant to me! I looked up to her and admired everything about her. I can't tell you how many times I hid under her bed (Argyle, Tx.) just so I could be apart of her time with her friends. When we were little we would sleep in the same bed together on Christmas Eve. I can remember giggling until the NyQuil mom had given us kicked in. There were numerous vacations that she was my roommate and where we would laugh ourselves silly.
When I entered high school I got a little toooooo big for my britches and mouthed off more than my share. I know I hurt her more than once and I am forever haunted by my words...See the things I would make fun of her for are the things I admire most about her now! My sister never got sucked into the "in" crowd and never did the popular thing. Don't get me wrong she was popular, but not because she did the "in" thing. Noelle was confident and her own person. God was always #1 and no one could sway her from Him. Every month she would sacrifice a portion of her paycheck to support a Christian radio station JOY FM, (I think that is the name). You have to understand that this was not a local station it was out of Winchester, Va. (an hour and a half away) and she could barely pick it up on the radio. Sundays were out...she wouldn't ride her horse, work, clean, NOTHING on Sunday. (: Sex, not until marriage! Needless, to say that girl who fell for the "in" thing really admires how strong my sister was/is for standing up for her beliefs.
Now that we are older I have gotten a better appreciation for her and my relationship with her. Not that we don't have our moments...goodness we are sister's we will always have those moments! There is no one in this world whose children matter more to me then her three beautiful children mean to me! She is an excellent mom who is creative, fun, consistent, enjoys her kids and reminds me of our mom when we were young. (: I admire that she is going to home school, Virginia Ruth, in the fall and hope to pick her brain so that I can home school with Margaret Ruth. 10 years of being married and she still makes it look easy! She married an excellent man, but she is an excellent wife. She boosted his health with her diet, but she makes a healthy diet tasty. The one thing I admire most about her marriage is that she saved herself for him. Now I say I never felt any competition, but I did feel jealousy! I am jealous that she was stronger than me and was able to offer her husband something I never could...her virginity! I do admire other things about their marriage, but that is the one thing I admire about her! They are an excellent couple to emulate! Her entertaining skills are Martha Stewartish and food is Rachael Ray comparable!
To sum it up: I admire Noelle and adore her to this day! I can only hope that when I get to heaven that God smiles and says I did just as good! I love you sis!
3 comments:
Windsor, That is the sweetest, most honest post! I know it will mean so much to her. This is a great idea.
One of my favorite traditions is sleeping w/ my siblings on Christmas Eve, too!
This post was so good! You honored your sister in such a special way and she will treasure your words always.
That was sweet, Windsor;)
Post a Comment