Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How many times can you EPT?

Ever since my two tests gave me that plus sign my mind has been in overdrive! I mean so much so that this morning I woke at 4:30 AM (I am the polar opposite of AM) and worked for 2 hours before people started to stir. We have discussed who we should ask to help us with the kids while I am in the hospital. I have checked prices and safety ratings on cradles for the new addition, (until MR is old enough for a real bed I plan on keeping the baby in a cradle...about 4 months). I was thinking about which rooms we need to switch around and what rooms need to be painted before Oct. I have tried to figure out what classes I can accomplish before the baby arrives. TALK ABOUT JUMPING THE GUN...I have a feeling this is going to be a very long 9 months!

Of course yesterday, I made all the first arrangements you need to do when you find out your pregnant. First things first, call the OB, when we spoke she said that I should just keep my Dr. appt. that had been set up previously for 3/31...Yep, March 31st! Isn't that like 5 weeks away? (: Anyways, tonight I asked my sweet hubby to go and get my prenatal, tums and more EPT tests. "What?" he asked. I told him that he just needs to go with it. Until I hear that heartbeat I will need to keep checking just to make sure I am still positive pregnant. Am I weird? He went on and on about Dave Ramsey (Financial Peace University which we are currently taking this course at our church) and the budget. I then informed him when Dave Ramsey gets pregnant he will understand this too, but until then please do what I asked. He thought my request was a little pricey, but was sweet to oblige to my desire. The whole trip sent him in sticker shock...When he got home he said, "did you know your prenatal were $44?" I told him, "No, this is a new prenatal, but usually they are expensive". This on top of the $20 dollar EPT test. I reminded him that when he tells me, "It's gonna be twins," maybe he should think about the cost ramifications of that. I think that is the last I will hear about twins! (:

3 comments:

Donna said...

Oh man! I forgot how expensive those things were. I just take the Target brand prenatal tablets. I think a bottle is $7. And those pregnancy tests are expensive!!! I wonder why?

Well the nesting instinct has definitely kicked in if you're already making lists:)

Jennifer said...

Windsor, Windsor...go to the Dollar store and buy your pregnancy tests there. Both of my pregnancys came back positive from the dollar store tests and, trust me, I bought and used a ton like you! :) The only negative is you have to pee in a cup and then dip the stick in it, but when it saves you $15 a pop it's well worth it!

Oh, if you have RX insurance with a co-pay then have your doctor prescribe prenatals and get them filled at the pharmacy. My copay is only like $20. You probably already checked into this one though.

While you're planning all those things for your child will you just send the info to me? I'm 21 weeks and have hardly done anything! I did just order a book on breastfeeding today...at least these babies won't go hungy.

I'm pulling for twins too!!! :)

Cissie said...

You are making me tired with all this pregnant talk! You two crack me up. What a good hubby, to go to the store, but ouch! The prices for these things are outrageous. They know women have to have these, so they jack up the prices!