Okay, let's just say I was expecting this kind of news from Donna before me! I was really shocked to find out that I am pregnant! Yep, I said pregnant, as in baby like the one I just had a year ago! I know can you believe it? We sure can't! God does have a sense of humor!
The last couple of weeks I have felt nauseous a couple of times, but nothing to make me suspect. Then I started to notice that I was unusually tired. Being tired is expected considering my hyper-thyroid, so I try to take a nap during the day, but if I skipped it really wasn't affecting me until recently! Now if I don't nap I am a zombie the whole day! So, this morning knowing I "wasn't" I decided to take a test. You know just for giggles. Well, imagine my surprise when I saw a plus sign. No, No, No way! So, I go downstairs to tell Todd, "honey, Happy Valentines Day!" and handed him my stick. Needless to say we were shocked and surprised! I mean we were planning on having another baby, but not now! We needed to schedule a baby to come after the fall after Todd's busy season! This is going to sound superficial, but we were hoping to have the baby around the same time as Margaret Ruth so we would be in season...not have to buy any more maternity clothes or baby clothes, (unless it is a boy). After a minute of shock I went back upstairs got the other test and took that. In about 3 seconds flat it came back positive! No, denying it now! Immediately, we called my endocrinologist! More about that in a second! Then we called family to make our announcement!
Our announcement is pre-mature because anything can still go wrong, but we are going to need some major prayer! Last time I had an appointment with my doctor we discussed wanting to have another baby. She was okay, but wanted to make sure that my thyroid levels were stabilized (which one number was down, but not normal) and that a cardiologist had checked me out and I was given the heart okay! So, when I called her today she was very concerned and a little upset that this happened so soon! With hyper-thyroid you are supposed to have fertility issues, so with my numbers still up and my meds she couldn't believe it actually happened! She told me to stop taking my medicine which can be very dangerous for me! Once the current medicine is out of my system then she can put me on the safer medicine! Need I say more! Please pray that God put a hedge of protection over this baby's system as it grows and keep my heart healthy as well as my thyroid numbers level. All prayers will be appreciated as we embark on our fourth child! Oh, dear!
Oh, and if you have any spare summer maternity clothes available I am always willing to buy them!
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
11 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy for you. I will be praying because I do understand. Go to my site and read the post entitled, "Stones of Remembrance".
WINDSOR!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! I am so, so happy for you guys! What a wonderful surprise and to find out on V-day too makes it extra special!!!!
I will be praying for you and this precious little one growing in you for protection and complete health for both of you. God has you both in the palm of His Hand....what a comforting thought!
I think its so awesome and love that you are going to be a mama to FOUR!!! Awesome.
Wow! Congrats! I will be praying for you!. :)
Oh my goodness Windsor...CONGRATULATIONS! What a terrific Valentine's gift for both you and your husband. Well, I will be praying for this little one and for your health. I'm glad you're already in touch with the doctors and they're on top of things.
By the way, I'll have some maternity clothes come summer that you can definitely have because I will not be needing them again. Although, a lot of mine are winter but you can have whatever you want.
Again, congrats!!!!!
Windsor, I have some summer ones as well. What size are you in pants and tops?
Kristi and Jennifer you are so sweet. How much do you want for them?
Normally I am a med/4-6 in bottoms and tops I range in med/large! Jennifer, Todd keeps telling me we are going to have twins since it runs in the family! I told him that would be too much! Just the thought makes me admire you! Can't wait to meet them in pictures!
Oh my word! Windsor, that is so exciting!!! That has to be so neat to find out you're pregnant when you aren't even trying?! What a blessing. It will be great to have two so close together, too:)
I am so happy for you guys and I will be praying for baby B and for you.
Oh, and don't hold your breath on any announcements from me.
OH MY goodness! Congratulations Windsor and Todd! What a Valentines gift. We will be praying. Keep us updated, and you get some energy back soon!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Another blog baby. This will be so fun. Thanks for telling us Windsor. Of course, we will pray. HOW EXCITING! You get em, girl! I bet Todd thinks he's the man. :)
Congratulation! God has THE BEST timing, you will see! (i questioned him 9 years ago, but now I know HE was RIGHT about what we needed!)
You will be in my prayers for a safe, healthy, uneventful , ENJOYABLE pregnancy!!
Yippee!!
Wow.......Congratulations!!Surprise surprise.....I just got home late last night from Alaska and was checking up on all the blogs and read your great news. You take care of yourself and hope to see you soon. Tell everyone hello and congratulations....Love you
Post a Comment