I have been meaning to do an update post with MR's first haircut, Easter and all the other fun that has taken place in the last two weeks plus some, but as God as seen fit I have been incredibly unmotivated to do much. Although "Grave's" disease causes the lack of motivation/overly tired and a million other symptoms I am not one to blame it on anything other than me. Unfortunately, this post is not going to be the update that I want to do, but just a quick hello and that I am going to try and post later tonight the update.
Until then imagine having a child begin puking a 6 pm. Continues to puke every 15 - 20 mins for the next four hours. Every time one pile was cleaned up the next pile had been produced. Once you cleaned her up she was full of the yummy puke smell again..she even vomited before getting in the bath, during the bath and immediately after the bath. That was our night last night...Todd and I were hysterically laughing the further along the night went. He desperately needed to work last night, but every time he would go into the office he would hear, "Todd". Eventually he just stayed with me. He would clean her up as I scrubbed the carpets. We ran out of dish towels, paper towels and got low on bathroom hand towels. (: I was surprised we were laughing as much as we were, but it truly was a comedy act. I mean every time we would clean it up, then clean everything out and put it away, she would puke again. This went on for a couple of hours before we gave up cleaning up the clean up. Whew!!!! (: Thank you Jesus for a sense of humor...Last night was perfect to have one!
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
6 comments:
SUPER MOM! wow, I am like sick to my stomach just thinking about it, and here you are with Todd laughing! LOL must be a mom thing.
Post some pictures of you beautiful kids!
Windsor....I'm impressed that you are pregnant and cleaning up puke while laughing!!!! I'm suprised you weren't puking right along with her. Just reassure her that you were laughing "with" her and not "at" her. HA!
I might make a suggestion.....next time put a sheet on the place you are sitting when baby is sick and put one on the floor around you. It helps with the cleanup....I learned the hard way. When the boys would start throwing up I would put them on the floor on a quilt and sheets and a trash can. It sure was easier to clean up than the carpet. I would just go outside and shake and then throw in the washing machine. How does that sound? Hope she is feeling better by now. I would also put a plastic trash can on the sheet so they "might" make it in the trash can. It happened once in a while!
I would let the sleep on the sheets at night because I didn't want to wash the mattress pad, the sheets, the blankets, the bedspread, and the carpet!!!!
Oh goodness Windsor - do you think it was just the flu? Poor thing - her stomach must have been completely empty by the time she was done.
Glad to see a new post but sorry you're having a rough time. Hang in there!
Oh, Windsor!!! YUCK! I hate when stuff like this happens, but all you can do is laugh!! Where are the pictures?!
Post a Comment