Monday, May 11, 2009

A day to celebrate ME, (and other mommy's)!!!

Boy, oh, boy yesterday, Todd hit it out of the park and did a wonderful job celebrating me for Mother's Day!

First up thought is Saturday, we woke up early to pull out all of our garage sale items and begin the sale. Todd was able to help with the getting it all ready, but had to leave for a photo shoot during the actual sale. So, Walker and I ran the sale while Margaret Ruth played with our neighbors daughter. It is was such a beautiful day and was the first in many that it didn't rain! With the lack of wet weather and the warmth of the sunshine I expected the sales to be continuous. Within the first hour I realized that wasn't going to be the case and that it was going to be a semi-steady flow of people with random sales. In total we made $100 for four hours and donated a majority of the rest of the stuff. I did keep a shelving unit full of nice garage sale stuff, so that we can try to sell it again next time. Then I rushed to get ready for the wedding of our employee. Because of timing I kept telling Todd we wouldn't make it for the ceremony, but he really wanted to go. So, I hurried to get ready and off we went. We arrived at the church minutes after the bride had walked down, but at least we made it. It was a Catholic Mass and it was a long one at that, but it was sweet to see this couple whom we love get married. At this point in the day I was dragging. I usually have to have at least one nap a day when I wake up at 8AM, but I woke up at 6:30 am so it was a two nap day. Not only did I not get a nap, but I was having lots of allergy attacks! ARRR! Todd and I ran to the hotel room that the bride and groom were staying to decorate it, (I do this for all the bride/grooms that we know very well as a little surprise at the end of a beautiful day...It is done tastefully, NO CONDOMS, WHIP CREAM OR TYPICAL WEDDING JOKER STUFF). Speaking of condoms as we were decorating the room and I was making my heart shape rose petals on the bed when suddenly my "bare" foot hit some paper. When I looked down to see what it was it was an open condom wrapper. YUCK! Todd pushed it under the bed. He did want to traumatize this couple any more than they had, (brother-in-law stole grooms new car wrapped it around a tree to total it, filed charges against the brother-in-law, brother-in-law went to jail, family fights, no where to live, in other words everything that shouldn't happen on your wedding week happened to them). After the decorations we went to the reception where we ate, danced a little and enjoyed some other co-workers of ours. The bride danced and danced. It was so cute how she would twirl around in her wedding dress like a little girl who is wearing a dress that will puff out when you twirl. She looked beautiful!

Because of Saturday, Todd woke up with the baby and allowed me to sleep in until 9:45am! Much needed sleep was had! When I woke up I relaxed around the house with my family and then we all got ready to go to brunch! We were able to have Sara (my second mommy) and Ben (a friend) join Walker, Margaret Ruth, Todd and me. YUMMY, YUMMY my hubby picked the best brunch in town! We were seated around 1:30 and I wasn't going to move until I had tasted it all! There was so much and it was all yummy! I had shrimp cocktail, tomato omelet, croissants, strawberries, key lime pie, roast beef, potatoes, choc. strawberries, choc. pie, some more shrimp and much more. Everything was excellent! I was not disappointed with one thing. We ate for a solid two hours. From brunch we rolled over to my fave. landscaping store where Todd bought 3 rose bushes, 4 bleeding heart plants, a Lilly of the valley plant and some flowers for my window boxes. The car smelled so pretty going home. When we got home Todd planted the plants,(I need to do the window boxes,) then he helped get the garage sort of organized, took pictures of a couple of tables that we want to sell, gave Margaret Ruth a bath and put her to bed! Whew, he did a lot and spoiled me on Mother's Day! Can't wait for my birthday he set the standard high! (: Thanks, babe it was a beautiful day and I loved every minute of my day with you and the kids! Thanks for helping Margaret Ruth make a card for me, planning brunch which including Sara, buying and planting my plants! It was a very special sweet day! I love you and appreciate all the effort you made!

Here are a few pictures of us on Mother's Day:

Walker showing off.



Mommy goofing off.



Walker and Me (Also, my 20th week prego picture).



Little Miss Margaret Ruth. She loves her fingers now that she is finally teething. I love this outfit.



Margaret Ruth and Mommy



Margaret Ruth and her fave. person...Daddy



On a side note: Tomorrow we have pre-op testing. So, I hope to have some more information for those of you who have asked!

No comments: