Well, it is official I can no longer eat or drink until later today. Did I just say today? Oh, dear!
S day is upon us and for the past couple of days we have done a lot of joking around here. Lots of laughter is good for the worried soul, but when I think about it seriously I get really scared. Believe it or not I am more worried about the baby then me. I guess I know my body and know that I will be just fine. It is the little guy who has already endured so much that has me worried. If anesthesia were to put me into labor he wouldn't survive and I would never have the opportunity to be his mommy! The thought brings tears to my eyes. Surely, this is what most mommies, (at least ones with an motherly instinct,) feel if they are facing similar situations! One of my biggest concerns is that this Dr. isn't nearly as concerned/worried as I am for my son. I mean I have only met him once for 10 mins., where he tried to shove something down my nose and had barely any bedside manners. If I am honest either did his nurse. The whole appointment was very matter of fact as if he was taking about changing the oil in his car. Even though he is the best does that have to seem so cold and uncaring. I need to know this man is going to take great care of me and even better care of my child. Not to rag on men about not being in touch with their emotions, but the reason most of my Dr. are female is because they have all had babies. They have experienced concern, fear and worry like only mother's can. They are gentle, tender, caring and invest time with their patients. Men have never experienced pregnancy, so how can they even begin to take "care" of me. The reason I arrive at the hospital at 9:45 am is b/c my Dr. didn't think this pregnant woman would want to eat or suffers terribly from instant cotton mouth. I need to get off this soap box.
Even though it is a lot of randomness above it is what weighs my mind and heart! I wanted to get it down before it got lost. So, yes I am still going into surgery tomorrow. I arrive at the hospital at 9:45 am, but won't go in until 11 or 12. From there surgery is 1.5 hours, then recovery and so forth. I am counting on being able to post late afternoon, but forgive me if I don't do it.
All of that "randomness" above makes me sound like I have no peace about the surgery. Despite the above I can feel an overwhelming sense of peace that only the good Lord above can provide! Pretty sure if I didn't feel His peace there would be no surgery for me! I know that God is control of it at this point and will put up road blocks if he sees fit! Thank you all for your prayers I am truly able to feel them (the first time in a long time I have felt prayed for...pretty cool feeling) and please continue over the next couple of days! Thank you so much I can't tell you how grateful I am to have readers like you that I know will be praying!
Until I am void a thyroid...
Windsor
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
2 comments:
Windsor..you are a trip...until I am void a thyroid...love it! I am praying for you today! Keep us posted. I know you will do great!
Praying for you today. May you have a quick and speedy recovery!
Post a Comment