Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I am alive, I am alive!

Just a very quick post:

Despite last minute reservations and almost cancelling surgery I have survived a total thyroidectomy! The surgery was delayed a couple of hours yesterday, but when we did go things went smoothly. I was in surgery for 2.5 hours and until last night wasn't sure what a deal the thyroidectomy really is, (we watched a video of a total thyroidectomy and found out what they do). I came out of the anesthesia very well with little complications. I had a massive headache and was having contractions, but I am grateful for that over the confusion I had last time I had anesthesia. The baby was quiet for a little longer than I wanted, but has been kicking and having a great time today. He usually starts up when I try to sleep. Did you know that they change the trash cans at 5 am? Between the trash cans and the slight complications last night I wasn't left alone at all and got probably 1 hour of sleep total and maybe 5 or 10 mins at a time. Tonight should be much better! Well, I suddenly got a burst of tiredness, so I need to go to sleep. This is my update and I will post more about this as I begin to heal.

Thank you so much for your prayers, concern and well wishes!!!!! God really had his hand on the doctors and me. His presence was obvious and felt.

5 comments:

jane said...

You are going to feel better soon....I am sure. Well I wasn't pregnant when I had that surgery! You take care and get some rest. You can't rest in the hospital....they have a rule about that....! They come in every few minutes and make sure they wake up up just to make sure you are doing ok.....Love you and hope to see you soon.

Unknown said...

That's great news, Windsor. I've been praying for you. Get some rest and take care of yourself!

Donna said...

Wow! I know you are glad that is over. I'm so glad everything went well. I agree about not getting much rest in the hospital. Hopefully when you get home, you'll be able to get a few solid hours of sleep!

Kristi Smalley said...

I'm so glad you are done and everything went well. Try to get some rest while you are in there. Any more word on the baby and the stomach situation?

Jennifer said...

Windsor, I've been so slack on blogging lately so I'm just now reading that the surgery went well and that the baby did okay too. Hope this really helps your health and makes you feel better. Take care of youself!