Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The time has come!!!!

Today is the day we will meet our little boy!

Yesterday I began to have some spotting, back pain and inconsistant contractions, but the Dr. didn't feel the need to see me. Since I wasn't feeling the greatest I laid down with Margaret Ruth for a nap...Thankfully she had a three hour nap and I got in a good hour of sleep too! Before dinner,(which I didn't make b/c I felt bad), Todd said he wanted to mow the grass I immediately jumped in and said that maybe I should do that. Apparently, that worked! Within an hour of finishing mowing we were eating chineese and my back labor started to increase! By the time dinner was finished I was telling Todd that we needed to contact the Dr. This time we got the go ahead to come on in! We ran home, got all the bags, dropped off the kids and by the time we got to the hospital I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes! Whew! We arrived at the hospital around 10 pm and by 11:30pm I had my epidural! God really is/was good when he gave man the ability to come up with an epidural! AMEN!!!!

He is a month early so there is some concern...The dr.'s keep looking at me like I am crazy b/c I want this baby to come instead of worrying that he is too early! Forgive me if I am uncomfortable and selfish, but I really want him out and for us to move forward with whatever medical issues he may have! So, far the nurses and Dr.'s seem to think that aside from the issues we are aware of things should be fine. As we sit here monitoring him the arethma is still present, but they say that should go away at birth. As we already know he will be look over in the delivery room by NICU and once given the he is okay we will proceed as normal! Yea! Please pray he checks out okay and that we have a safe/healthy/big boy!

So, here we sit waiting for his arrival! We will post when we are parents to 4 kids! Oh, my 4, I can't believe it!!!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Windsor - congratulations on the birth of sweet Payson! I am praying for you and Todd and especially that sweet baby boy - I know he's already stolen your heart. Give him a big kiss from all your blogger friends and tell him to continue to be strong.

Donna said...

Yes, Windsor. We are all praying for you and your sweet boy.

P.S. I can't believe you mowed the grass as big pregnant as you were!!!! What did the neighbors think?!

Kristi Smalley said...

Windsor, you have been on my mind every single day and I have been praying for you and Payson. I pray that God will just saturate your family with peace and that the doctors will have perfect wisdom in how to best treat your sweet little boy.