Sunday, August 30, 2009

Today was a good day!

Payson John had a good day today! He got out another good poop, so that makes any one's start to the day great! (: Unfortunately, his belliruben (?) was high so they had to put him under the lights again, but that really isn't too much of a concern on our list. When I got there this afternoon the poor boy was having to have some tape removed from his face which caused him great pain. He screamed and cried as hard as his body would let him. Eventually the painful cry (they had to use an adhesive remover to remove the tape) caused me to feel nauseous so I had to go sit down instead of remaining at his side. After a few minutes of his lips pouting as if he was going to wale out crying again he calmed himself and I got to hold him skin on skin. I spent the next two hours holding my naked boy (except a diaper of course) next to my bare chest singing Jesus loves me and praying over him. It was a time of motherly bonding, spiritual peace and quietness. I loved every minute of it! During those two hours my son's monitors revealed steady numbers that we had yet to see. His oxygen levels remained at 100% the entire time...Must have needed mom's lovin! I finally had to put him back so that I could pump and then go pick up the kids. Before I left the nurse informed me that his oxygen tubes might be taken out tonight. Apparently, she had moved the levels down to room levels and all it was doing was blowing room air up his nose. By the time Todd left at 10 pm they still hadn't taken the tube out, but planned on doing so. One less tube to have to deal with! Yes, one step closer. Surgery Dr. kept telling the neonatal team to feed Payson his first breast milk meal, but the neonatal team didn't want to do it. So, Payson has to wait one more day before the surgery team and neonatal team agrees on when it is best to feed him. They really feel it will happen tomorrow, but when he does get fed it will be one small teaspoon every three hours! Not a whole lot, but hey it is a step in the right direction.

So, today was a good day. As long as we keep having days like this I will be a happy mommy! Onwards and Upwards is the theme today. (:

6 comments:

jane said...

Sweet sweet......Windsor you are going to make me cry. You write so well...This will be a wonderful reminder of all that you been through and what the LORD has done! Praise the LORD for his progress....

carolanneshrumhanks said...

Windsor--you do not know me--I know your Mom, and much of your family--my Uncle was TW Wilson. Anyway, just wanted you to know that my husband Billie and I have been praying for you and your family and especially little Payson these days. We have had other prayer chains going for him. And you ARE a gifted writer--naturally!!! ;~) We will continue to lift you all up to the Father. Much love, Carolanne Shrum Hanks

Donna said...

How sweet that you got to hold him skin to skin:) That made me smile and I know you loved doing it and bonding with your baby boy. I'm so glad the oxygen tubes are going to be removed. Things are starting to move!!

Kristy said...

YAyyyy!! Go, Payson, Go! So good to read he is making good steps in the right direction!

How precious to have that bonding time with him.

mamag said...

Dearest precious niece.
You express yourself through words in such a special way. What a blessing these words are to all of us who read them with anticipation. And, what a treasure they will be for Payson who we love already.
Aunt gigi

Momofgirls said...

I am so happy he has had a good day! We will keep praying for that fightin' boy!!

Get enough rest ( I will say it and say it to you to keep remining you!!)