I need to clear something up:
Two post back I posted an email about waxing. My mom DID NOT write that email out of her own experience, (though the thought of her experiencing that would have made it all the more funnier for me). (: I ratted her out about sending me an email like that, so to be clear...My mom did not write that email, she forwarded it to me. When she reads this blog I don't want her to have a heart attack over the misunderstanding. (:
Nothing really to report on Payson except he has had another good day! We are amazed at how well he poops! Do you all remember Margaret Ruth's pooping issues? Boy, oh boy we are far from that and I wonder how he'll ever gain an ounce the way he poops! Every time I enter his room the nurses have another story about him peeing or pooping all over the place! He has given them many a laugh at how far he can get his excretions! (: I am amazed at what the nurses have to do! Every day I am reminded how grateful I am not to be in the nursing field, (even though at times I am tempted), but I dry heave at the thought of wiping someone else's bottom, (that isn't my child...NOPE not even Todd...okay maybe if he had a successful waxing story). (:
Okay so am I shameless or what? Tonight I made cookies for all the NICU nurses and staff. Yet, these cookies aren't any cookies they are made by the babies in a certain room. Yup, that would be Payson and his lonely roommate Malakhi, (his family doesn't visit often). I figured that since the nurses were having to take on extra babies b/c of the overcrowding I would try to make nice for Payson's sake. (: I wanted them all to know how appreciative we are for all their hard work with our precious babies, but I also wanted them to know that Payson's mommy will take care of them if we are taken care of. Is that wrong?
Yesterday, while Todd was spending time with Payson I took Margaret Ruth and Walker out to the playground at DuPont. It is one great playground and Margaret Ruth gets so excited when she sees it! Well, not that we didn't have enough on our plate she decided to walk off the big kid slide. Yup, walk off the side of the top of the slide...She did a complete 360 and landed on her back. Oh, goodness gracious...I don't need two here! Without thinking I scooped her up in my arms and went to sit down on the bench to check her over. She was crying, a little pale and fear had struck her heart. I was wondering when she would test her fear level, but that didn't last long. Within 10 minutes she was off and running again! She even went down the big kid slides a couple of times! Way to get back up and conquer her fear, but I wished she'd stop testing my heart beating! (:
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
5 comments:
Windsor,
I can see how Todd fell in love with you. You have a wicked sense of humor (I could have done without the mental image of your wiping Todd's butt though). Funny how when you are a parent, poop issues (pooping too much, or too little, not at all, or right on schedule) becomes such a critical topic of concern.
Oh, I howled at the e-mail you posted from your mother. Maintaining your sense of humor will help you through this journey.
Again, you are all in our prayers.
I love you Windsor.....and I am very proud of you. I am glad your other children are keeping you entertained...! Give Walker and big hug from me.....and Margaret Ruth....and Zach......!
Hey Windsor, Congratulations on the new baby. Glad to hear he is doing better every day. I will be praying. I love the post of your daughter on the playground, doing her 360 and up again playing. Reminds me of a young girl I met when she was 16 living down in Florida, nothing kept her down!! God is very good. Hope that you can visit down here soon so we can see your family. Love you, The Detweilers
Windsor,
We are praying for your new son that his recovery will happen soon. Please if there is anything else we can do for you or Todd let us know. I'll bring you dinner one night, how does that sound? Have you moved? If so, give me your new address so I can bring it to you. I can watch the other kids sometime if you need me to. You made a very wise decision in your discussion (demand) with the doctor about the NICU. Payson should NOT be in a pediatric unit that is not closely monitored! Your investigation of your insurance coverage for different options is very smart. Please keep us updated on that issue. We don't know why the Lord does these difficult things in our lives but He does have a plan. Love to you and the family.
Sandra
WIndsor, you seriously trip me out. Way to keep your sense of humor, girl!
Post a Comment