My hubby is one of the most generous, loving, kind, unselfish men on this planet. Here is only one reason why:
For our wedding, Todd, had a huge bouquet of flowers arranged for me and he hand delivered them to my door the day of the wedding, (don't worry girls he couldn't see me, but I saw him). I remember the flowers being so beautiful and they smelled fantastic! After the flowers had wilted I decided the vase was so big and fragile to store that I threw it out. Todd was appalled at my gesture and decided to save this vase without my knowledge. When I had Margaret Ruth, Todd went to a florist and had them refill the vase with gorgeous smelling and breath taking flowers. He gently pointed out that the vase was the same one that he had brought the flowers in for on our wedding day. I was beyond touched! Well, in the midst of all the madness over the last two weeks flowers, vases and romance were totally out of my mind, but not his. As he ran around last week, he thought to grab the vase and take it to the same florist who'd done such a beautiful job with the flowers he gave me when I had Margaret Ruth. Instead of coming to the hospital last Friday he went to pick up the flowers and drove them home so they'd be waiting for me when I returned from my daily visit with Payson. When I walked in there they were in there beautiful glory in the simple, cheap, big bowl/vase that is now a cherished memento! Isn't he fabulous? Gotta love him!
We have yet to move Payson. We are still working out the logistics. Between the doctor, (who talks down to me) surgeons and all the other doctors we are baffled and confused at every turn. All we want is what is best for Payson and without any medical background how do we decide that? ARRR! He is doing great though and has no clue the controversy that goes on daily! (: He has developed a goopy eye which they think is a clogged tear duct and his g tube is beginning to leak puss, but I take that as a sign of healing. Since he spends a lot of time sleeping I spend my time holding him and praying with him on my chest. Todd spends his time teaching him about football and they watch ESPN...Why Lord, why? Of course he gets cuter everyday and I just love to cuddle with him. He is such a good baby that all the nurses want him and tell me how adorable he is! Now, don't get me wrong he will still through his fits where he holds his breath and scares everyone, but everyone who has worked with him has figured out his game. Good try though son!
On a quick side note: Tonight I was swinging my sweet baby girl for a good hour. In about 15 minutes of swinging she started to babble sing. It was so cute that I pulled out the video camera so that I could catch her singing so sweetly and happy while she was hanging with her mommy swinging! I will have to post it soon because it is too adorable! She makes my heart happy!!!!
2 comments:
Wow Todd you are a good man.....that is very sweet and tender that he saved the vase and that he is so thoughtful to fill it with beautiful flowers every now and then ..... when you most need them. Give Payson a squeeze from his Aunt Jane. Love you all....
That is a sweet story! What a romantic guy, Windsor:)
I want to see the video of MR, too!
Post a Comment