Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tis The Season

Tis the season for the body aches, sniffles, head colds, sore throats and misery. Yup, on top of all that we have going on I have managed to catch the "flu". You know the kind where you feel like a Mack truck just skidded on top of your head/face. The kind that gives no warning and then bam you are down for the count! Great! Just what I wanted! If this is really the full on flu I will be unable to visit Payson tomorrow out of fear of him or others getting sick. I can handle body aches and flu symptoms, but I can't stand the thought of not seeing sweet Payson John for a day or two! Oh, well.

Speaking of the boy today was a so-so day for him. His secretions were really thick causing the suction tube to get clogged a lot. As you can imagine, you wouldn't feel great if something was blocking your air way! So, in order to help with this we made it a calm relaxing day. The less active he is the easier it is to manage his secretions. So, the lights were dimmed while he slept in my arms, (I took a good nap too)! At one point while I was holding him I felt this warm sensation on my legs...Hugh what is that? I KNOW my water didn't break, I didn't pee my pants, what in the world?! Turns out that the feeding had become lose causing a lot of yummy smelling breast milk to leak all over my pants! Great, I was going to have a hoard of cats following me wanting to lick my pant legs! The kicker is that his feeding go in very fast because they are trying to stretch his stomach. Instead of going in at 45/60 mins. it gets shoved in at 15 mins. Needless, to say by the time I realized what was happening, (it took me awhile to figure it out as the blond hair was having it's moment) a majority had spilled onto my jeans. As if that wasn't comical enough Payson decided to throw in a doozer at the last minute as if he was punishing me for leaving! (: See, when Payson needs a diaper change it usually creates this never ending diaper change! As soon as you have a clean diaper on him he will clamp down causing him to squirt a little bit of poop, so in order to prevent any further bum irritation I like to change the diaper so he is completely clean. We continue this cycle until we have gone through 3-4 diapers none of which are full, but have little love marks from Payson! As I was getting him cleaned up he decided to clamp down causing a gush of poop to appear, so in order to avoid the diaper dance I decided to wait until he appeared finished. The nurse came over and I went to get wet, warm cloths to wipe his bottom...since he hates cold wipes and they tend to irritate his skin more, (my high maintenance baby (:).For some reason the nurse lifted him up by the legs and that is when it accrued! He shot a nice load of nasty wet poop all over his portion of the NICU. It was everywhere! He got it on all his leads, lines, tubes, new sheets, new blankets, the floor, on his medicine and his bed railing. As I giggled to myself trying to clean him up I decided to put on another diaper only to have him squirt one more time...ARRRR. I really believe God gives us these situation not to learn a lesson, but to give heaven some entertainment. I can hear the roar of laughter from my dad, grandmother, grandfather and those who have never met me. There are even times when I think my dad bends over Payson to say, "Go for it". Serves me right! (: Oh, by the way, guess what baby has reached the 9lb. milestone...Yup, Payson's cheeks are getting bigger and bigger as he tipped the scale today at 9 lb. 1 oz. Great weight gain!

Finally~ as I was rocking my baby girl to sleep with her laying on my chest I realized how long she was. Could it be possible that my baby girl is that big? Apparently, when I was looking Walker and Margaret Ruth took a growth hormone! I just can't believe how much time has flown. The older I get the faster time is going. It seems to slip by so fast that I feel robbed of being able to sit back and take it in! When Margaret Ruth was little Todd would say "I can't wait until she does," this/that I always told him to stop wishing her life away. Now without looking it is quickly going before my eyes. Before I know it my babies will be having families of their own! Oh, Lord please stop time so I can watch this life of mine a little slower!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just checked in to see how you are all doing and I had to laugh about your latest escapades (the visual image of cats chasing you to lick your pants cracked me up). Also funny is how when you are a parent, the most critical issues suddenly boil down to poop (is he/she pooping enough, or on schedule, or all over the place?) These comedic moments will help you get through everything else, I am sure.

Take care