Because it is late I don't have time to give a detailed account of what is going on so here is an email I sent to my church community group.
Please pray for Payson.
Today he wasn’t quite himself. We(the nurse and I) thought it was because his secretions were thick causing his tubes to get clogged. We blamed his sleepiness on his hard fought effort to manage these secretions that would block his airway and cause him to have labored breathing. When I left at 6 tonight he seemed to be more settled. At 8:30 Todd called to tell me the hospital had called to let us know that he had gotten worse between 6-7 and had to put him on oxygen. Like I did at community group that one night I called my “mom” to come watch the kids so I could go in. When I arrived he had the prongs in his nose, was awake and helpless looking. Immediately I went in to touch him and the dr. stopped me saying I couldn’t touch him because he was going into isolation because of possible H1N1 virus. GREAT! They will go ahead and test him for other things, but the one they are being is overly caution about is the H1N1 and until that tests come back negative he will not be allowed out of isolation. Isolation means we have to gown, glove and wear masks every time we walk into the room where Payson now resides. The kicker to all this is we are supposed to have the study that will measure his esophagus ends on Wednesday and this puts a huge damper on that. If the test results haven’t come back by Wednesday the study could be delayed causing surgery to be postponed. If it comes back positive everything will be cancelled until he tests negative. This is the last thing we needed being this close to surgery. We needed him to be 100% healthy and strong for this week. ARRR. As we get more information I will pass it along.
Thanks in advance for the prayers…We really need them now!
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
6 months ago
3 comments:
I'll be praying for sweet Payson, Windsor. Thanks for letting us know how to pray.
Will be praying!!!
Windsor, I'm so distressed over this latest news. Payson was doing so well and I was looking forward to his "procedure" coming up this Wed. We definitely will be much in prayer for him and the entire medical staff that treats him...and of course for you & your sweet family.
Post a Comment