Happy 3rd birthday to my sweet energetic nephew William Reagan! It has been an honor to be apart of his childhood watching him grow from a tiny baby into this active toddler! If you knew my brother when he was young then you can imagine this fun, full of life boy! Reagan, I love you very much and wished I was there to give you a big birthday hug! Have a fun and happy day!
Payson Update:
Well, we still don't know much at this point in the afternoon other than he does have some sort of virus! The pulminologist did come by and said she suspected that he has trachealmalasia, just another fun side affect from his atresia. Basically, he has a floppy airway that will collapse. It can be as dangerous as it sounds, but is manageable. This collapse can be caused by acid reflux, crying, swallowing, etc. To confirm this condition they will need to do a swallow study xray or a fluoroscope. They are consulting with surgery before moving forward just in case they want to do any other study.
In the meantime, I have asked the doctors to level with me and tell me what other "side effects" we might have to deal with. I want the percentages of our chances for other side effects, what to look for, how to prevent/treat them, how to help Payson. If I have to I will go to nursing school or train as a EMT just to manage my son's condition. I will NOT allow Payson to endure another blue episode at home without knowing how to fully handle it!!!!
While we wait for surgery, Payson isn't being fed, but continues to be a sweet smiling little boy! He is really an amazing baby who is an inspiration to us all!
Well, the pediatrician just came in and said they are going to start the feeds and just treat the virus for now. No studies for the moment, but they will be done when the virus has cleared out.
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment