Tired can't described how I feel right now, but I wanted to post an update since I won't be posting for a couple of days because my sister is coming to town. I can't tell you how excited I am for her to be here! Over the past couple of weeks I have really needed my family and by her coming up I am getting that. It will be so nice to have nurse Noelle here to help me sort things out! A good dose of sister time will do me some good, now this doesn't discount the excitement I feel to see her kids and my BIL!!! Hopefully I will have lots of pictures to post by the end of the weekend.
Payson has come down with some type of bacterial infection and has been put on isolation. Yup, we are back there again! Despite their policy I am refusing to touch my son with gloves he will always have my personal touch. The test also revealed that he has pneumonia. They aren't sure if it is from the ventilator or just a germ, but the doctor is calling it vent pneumonia even though she doesn't believe it is. On top of this, Payson has developed a couple of neck soars that look painful. As I was watching the nurses do Payson's trach care I noticed the soars and that they had tape on them to protect them from the plastic of the trach. As the nurse began to clean the trach site she began to rip the tape off the skin that had the soar. Payson immediately became upset and cried hysterically without any sound. Obviously, she had to keep pulling the tape off and he continued to silently cry. It broke my heart. I felt that because he doesn't have a voice it is easier to ignore his cries and do his care that causes pain. Boy, I hope this is coming out right! I know they aren't purposely trying to hurt Payson, but it seems they are too desensitized to children with trachs and pain. Please Lord, let me be wrong. Despite his pain level and irritation he managed to light up the room with his beautiful smile! He sat in my lap for a couple of hours just looking around and enjoying the view. Even though I was nervous moving him with his trach and vent tubes things went smoothly. I was so happy to be able to hold him and even rock him to sleep. He really is precious and deserves a trip to Disney after this! (:
Well, that is it for now...Next week I will post about how overwhelmed we are with the trach care and bring him home. Talk about nervous...whew I tired looking at the daunting task.
Happy New Years!
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment