Sunday, January 24, 2010

24 hours and counting...

Here are our digs for the next 24 hours:



Todd and I have to be at the hospital and completely care for Payson for 24 hours. Should be easy right? So, far one of Payson's monitors went off for the first hour, his feeding machine beeped a lot and they took Payson off of a breathing rate, (the machine breathes 25 breaths a min. for him)...Of course Payson didn't do so hot on that and within 10 mins we put him back on.

Other than those hiccups, Payson hasn't slept much and is sorta just hanging out. (Hold on for a second...breaking news we have a sleeping baby)! Todd held him for a couple of hours while I rested. Since I am doing the night shift, (one of us has to be awake with him during the night...no sleepy time for me) I figured I am allowed an afternoon nap, (not sure what my reason is every day before and after today). The fight for tonight's entertainment has began. Todd's vote is NFL game...My vote Desperate housewives! Since Todd likes to fall asleep around 9 I am confident I will be watching my show! (:

Once the 24 hours is over we will have completed everything needed to take Payson home. Then it is just wait until 2/3 to be able to take him home, (despite that disappointment...It has worked for the good allowing me to attend my uncle's funeral in Fla. Friday or Saturday). Off to catch up on crocheting, baby books, book of emails and pictures!

1 comment:

Bill & Ramona said...

Wow! Lots of equipment!! Praying for the rest of your time in seclusion. "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19. So sorry to hear about your uncle. You wrote a wonderful testimony of his life!