Saturday, January 23, 2010

Uncle Stephan

Today the world lost a great man, one whom I will miss terribly; my Uncle Stephan. I will never forget that familiar accent that would make someone smile instantly! His embrace was warm and genuine. His heart was pure and his walk followed in Jesus' footsteps. He gave all seven of his kids unconditional love, undivided attention and a glimpse of what their Heavenly Father was like. Every time my family would visit his home it was full of love, fun and complete caois! This man was so honest and admirable that his kids would seek his counsel. Not only did his kids seek his wisdom, but most of south Florida did! (: When I was little and didn't have a relationship with my dad, I wrote my dear uncle asking him that when I was older and got engaged I wanted him to meet my fiancee. I wanted his advice on whether this man would be best for me. I wanted him to do what he did for his daughter. When she was about to get married he approached her and said he thought she should break the engagement. Because she trusted his judgement and valued his opinion she did. A couple of years she married a fabulous man who was perfect for her...They are still married today! Even though he didn't meet Todd before the wedding, he did willingly walk me down the isle! He did so in honor of my father and felt privileged to be able to do so! Little did he know how honored and privileged I felt to have such an amazing human being to give me away!

Uncle Stephan, you have meant so much to me! I am not sure I ever thanked you for being such an amazing man and awesome Uncle! I am a better person for knowing you and feel blessed God allowed you to be apart of my life. My love for the Melting Pot is because of you! (: Enjoy your new home, walk those streets of gold, ask Jesus all those questions and enjoy the arms of your lost loved ones! We will miss you here, but will soon join you! Love you much!

No comments: