I can see my last post was a popular topic! No one wanted to touch that with a 10 foot pole!
This week Walker has been in Germany with my sister! How lucky is he to have an Aunt that would include him on her trip, (he is one of her own)! I have spoken to him and he is having a great time exploring and learning another culture. He has been told to journal and photograph his experiences during this week, which I am sure he babbles complaints under his breath, but he will appreciate it when he gets older. I look forward to reading/hearing and seeing all he experienced! He is so fortunate to have this opportunity and I hope you is soaking everything up! Think sponge Walker, think sponge!
Having Walker gone has made me realize how vital he is to our family functioning! Yes, when he is here there are more messes to clean up, alot more laundry to do and a bigger grocery list, but he helps me get things accomplished. He runs around the house getting me items, watches Margaret Ruth when I need to be with Payson, listens for Payson's alarms while I give MR a bath, carries heavy items in, gives me hugs when I most need it and can make me smile no matter how mad I am! Not only has this young man grown up with me, endured many of my mistakes, dealt with my anger and immaturity he has turned into a beautiful person despite me! He was one of the original founders of this family and with all of the recent additions he completes it perfectly. Walker I am so proud of you who you are becoming! Love you beyond measure, miss you terribly and can't wait to hear about your once in a lifetime trip!
Over the past two months we have experienced several different nurses. Some we love, others we don't, but all in all we have had a relatively positive experience. No matter how much we love our nurses we have had some that have chosen/had to leave. The first nurse to hit the road was one that I begged not to have take care of Payson. She would ask me questions that caused me great concern. Plus she was very nosey...she asked about a hair product I leave in my cabinet and it was a cabinet she shouldn't have been looking in. Nurse #2 was removed from our schedule because she was no longer with the company. Hmmm, wonder what that was! We wondered for weeks what happened and no one seemed to know. That is until a couple of days ago when we were informed that the nurse was dismissed due to a bad drug test. To be exact she tested positive for PCP. Seriously, they sent a nurse here whose drug test results hadn't come back yet? You don't know how bad I want to be able to call out our nursing company and give them a piece of my mind for putting Payson at risk...the kicker is I was sworn to secrecy b/c no one was supposed to know, (I know this sounds gossipy). I am a little torn on what to do. Any suggestions? Then nurse #3 was caught sleeping (during the night shift) by Todd and she was immediately fired by our home care company. So, we still have things to iron out and have realized our laid back approach might have given the nurses too much freedom. With that in mind I sat down tonight and wrote out some rules. Even with these new rules I have been told we are still a very easy house. Wow, it must be bad elsewhere!
I was going to write more, but I am so tired and need sleep.
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment