Sorry I have been so absent, it has been a busy couple of months. First, it was Todd's very busy season which I work for him. Second, I was enrolled in school this Fall. Third, I have made a couple trips back home to help support mom with her husband. Fourth...Come on I have kids! :)
So, to get back into things I figured I'd post our highlights for the year, (if you got our Christmas card you already read these).
2010 Year Highlights for the Bauders Clan
HOME – After 151 Days in the ICU, Payson came home and has stayed home (with the exception of a couple of short hospital stays)
INCREDIBLE – This year we have experienced many highs, many lows and life as a family with a medically challenged child. We are glad it is over, but are grateful for the experience of it all because we all grew from it, (some more visible then others) (:
GO – Payson is on the go…walking everywhere, into everything, babbling (as much as he can with a trach) things that only a parent can understand, licking salty foods and taking sips from a cup. Despite the 6 month hospital stay he is developmental up to par with his age group, (the developmental age for an infant with a hospital stay begins from the day he left the hospital…Making Payson’s age 10 months even though he is 16 months)
HIGHNESS – If you ask Todd there is two Highness's that he answers too, but I have got serious competition from Margaret Ruth. She is 2 (almost 3), loves to help clean, loves going to “school” two days a week and is full on princess. Margaret Ruth decided she was potty trained this fall and was a big girl who didn’t need a binky, (pacifier)…Not my girl at all. (:
LIFE – is crazy with four kids, nurses 16 hours of the day and a home run business. Needless to say our door is revolving.
INVESTING – family time with a little vacation to the beach with all of us (plus a nurse).
GRATEFUL– My mom’s husband survived a severe car accident in September and is able to walk on his own. Currently, he is in Rehab gaining strength to go home. Payson is a miracle, but so is Greg! Amazing!
HOPE – This spring, 2011, Payson will be decanulated, (trach removed for good). We have begun to count down and will have a huge celebration to mark the event.
TWO – teenagers now reside here. Walker just turned 14, is now 6’1”, wears a size 13 shoe, has excellent grades, played football this fall and is now in his basketball season. Zach is about to turn 14, is a social butterfly, excelled in school, great big brother and has been working with Todd learning the ropes of his business.
SABLE – Despite the economic downturn Todd’s business has remained stable. We have seen a drop in how much a parent will buy, but we are grateful they are still buying. Photographs…something a parent will always want.
With 2010 coming to a close it is hard to believe how far we ALL have come. I am grateful it is over even though we are still dealing with medical issues. Yet, I rejoice that this year is the year that we will be able to lose our trach, (unfortunately we will still have the G-tube) and we might be able to have more quality family time with Payson without the nurses! AMEN!
Happy New Year!
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment