Monday, January 3, 2011

When will life be N-O-R-M-A-L?

Having spent both holidays out of town without nurse has given me a taste of what is to come. The very thought of it scares the living daylights out of me and invigorates me at the same time. Todd and I have only had a handful of days that Payson's care has been 100% ours. Those days that we done his care we are completely exhausted, but has left a desire in me to move beyond this "illness" and raise my kids as God intended. This past week on our return home from Va. I asked Todd several times if we could cancel all day shift nursing and just keep our night shift. Todd felt that we shouldn't do that on such short notice causing a shortage in hours for the nurses. I still wished we had done it because I just wanted it to be us while everyone was home with nothing to do. It would have had "normal family" time. As much as I will miss having the nurses when they are gone, boy oh boy I look forward to that problem.

Now, maybe this feeling is my motherly desire or maybe it is because our nurses have been getting on our nerves! Okay, Okay I know it might be easy for people to get on my nurse, but Todd?! That is unheard of! One particular nurse speaks at a TV volume of 75 and never lowers it. If we are on the phone it seems as if she gets louder and if we try to escape her she has Payson follow us then she continues to talk very loudly. Don't even get me started on watching TV. If we are trying to watch a show we just have to pause it or give up! At one point when we were trying to pack up to leave Todd said he needed to make several phone important phone calls, as I walked by I heard our nurse say, "Daddy is on the phone, let's go talk to him". This is just the beginning...Just the other day as I was waiting on Todd to return home she said to me, "At least he isn't at his snow bunny shoot". (He has a dance team calendar shoot at a ski resort a few weeks ago...she knows it is a sore subject). Since we both work at home we need time to work, (that is why a nurse is here) but every time we go into our home office and shut the door within the hour she is allowing Payson to knock on the door yelling "mommy/daddy" then walks in and wants to talk. If Payson is sleeping for too long, she will come downstairs and come to the office to chat....seriously?! Again, this is just the tip of the annoyance iceberg. So, as you can imagine we really look forward to getting back to being just US, (even though we know it comes with it's own set of problems).

Just thought I'd share a little insight from our world.

While I am blogging I just read this tip on my cousins blog whom she read on her friends blog so I thought I'd pass it along:

All the Christmas cards you receive over the holidays put into a basket. Each night have your child or you pick out one card and pray for that family. Explain to your kids how you know them and any struggles they may be dealing with. This way that family will get prayed for, thought of and known to your child. Love this idea!!! Think we will be implementing this into our family!

No comments: