Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Something quick, cheap and yummy for dinner

Beer Can Chicken (for those of you who don't follow What's for Din Din)

This was super yummy, easy to make and my family raved.

1 whole chicken
1 TB paprika
1 TB onion powder
1 TB garlic powder
1 TB dried thyme
Salt and Pepper
1 12 oz. can of beer

Preheat oven to 350. Rinse chicken inside and out and pat dry thoroughly

Mix next 6 ingredients (all the seasonings) and rub chicken with mixture inside and out

Pour 2 oz. (1/4 cup) out of beer, set cans upright in roasting. Set chicken so the can fits inside cavities, legs facing down. Roast chicken until juices run clear, about 1 hour 15 min. bast after 30 min.

Remove chicken from beer can and let rest for 10 -15 mins.

WaaaLaa!!!

I have been making an effort to try new recipes out to mix things up so as I find some we as a family like I will pass along! Enjoy!

No comments: