Sunday, January 23, 2011

Life what a beautiful choice....

As you may know today is Sanctity of Life Sunday. As you know I am the mother of 4 and a strong supporter in PRO-LIFE. I can say I support PRO-LIFE because two of my children were born when I was too ripe for the picking. Each pregnancy abortion was an option, discussed and then rejected. I instead a young single girl choose to deliver a beautiful baby girl and then release her into the loving arms of a Godly couple. Then 8 months later when I found out I was pregnant again. Abortion was again discussed briefly, but once again I choose life and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. This time instead of releasing my baby I decided to raise this child even though I was a child myself. Thirteen years later I became pregnant with Payson, my sweet miracle that we had suspected something was wrong. After an MRI confirmed he was okay (even though he wasn't) my doctor asked me point blank: "If the MRI had revealed your son wasn't okay what would you do?" I had to clear my head and say I didn't understand. She asked me, "would I have had an abortion?" Without hesitation I said "NO, he is still a child. He deserves to have a chance to live his life". That conversation sticks out mostly today, but is always close at hand when I see Payson accomplishing another goal his therapist set for him, or when he is peacefully sleeping, etc. I will never look back and say what if I had had an abortion, I never regret not making that choice, quite frankly the only thing I regret is that abortion was an option/choice for me to make. Once that sweet little heart starts beating at 14 days of gestation there is life. Without my heart I wouldn't live! So, I can say I am PRO-LIFE because I lived it, (not that I encourage anyone to live it!).

I AM PROUD TO SAY I AM A BIRTH MOM
I AM PROUD TO SAY I RAISED A BABY WHEN I WAS ONE MYSELF
I AM PROUD TO SAY I HAVE A SON WITH MEDICAL DISABILITIES.
I AM PROUD TO SAY I GAVE BIRTH TO ALL OF THEM AND WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR THE WORLD!

BTW: Have you ever wondered where our next great leader is? Or where the cure for AIDS, cancer and all the terrible diseases are? Do you think God would smack us with the reality that maybe we aborted all the answers to our problems?

Wake up America!

5 comments:

jane said...

I love you Windsor.......

jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

Amen! I conceived my son 7 weeks after I gave birth to my daughter at age 19. I was told to terminate the pregnancy as I was young and had complications with her delivery resulting in a c-section and then problems with my inscision afterwards.

While he drives me absolutey nuts some days (he is 17..he's allowed ☺) I love him to pieces and never regret the decision to go against my doctors and have him. I call him my "Angel baby" but no in front of his friends. Ha ha.

Valerie (Delane's sister ☺)

Unknown said...

As your mother, I am SO proud of you and most of the choices you made! But especially the ones that gave me a beautiful granddaughter and my favorite 14 yr old grandson. I am proud of you. I am proud of Todd for adoptng us all. I love you. Mom

Bill & Ramona said...

Windsor,

What a beautiful post. The Lord has wonderful purposes for each of your children!