Tuesday, March 11, 2008

First checkup...


Today is Margaret Ruth's one month birthday...It seems like so long ago, but then it was just yesterday! With the one month comes the checkup. I am not fond of doctors so I dread taking her and make Todd come along in case the Dr. gives a shot. (I am scared of needles and don't like them yet I can handle it...different story when it is my kids). Well, my little on is 10lbs. 1 oz. and 22 inches long. (Birth: 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 inches long) She is growing at a nice clip and the doctor who is old and very old school says she is perfect! Even though this doctor has a shocking sense of humor, (he got me to question what I heard a couple of weeks ago), I like him because he is straight forward and quirky.


This dr. in no means reminds me of my dad, but when I see an older gentleman who has grandkids it makes me miss him all the more. I find myself jealous of the grandkids that had that grandfather who spent a lot of time with them teaching them to fish, read them a book or telling about the way it was. Todd's step-father is the coolest grandfather. Every friday he picks all his grandkids up (except the three month old) at noon, takes them to Wendy's for lunch with grandma then spends the afternoon doing whatever they please. I hear they spend a lot of time looking at trains. There is nothing that he wouldn't do for them. It is adorable!!! I have never had that in my life and wished that I could give that to our kids. If my dad were here he would be having the best time in his life. He would love it like a second chance. Even though it has been 10 years you never get passed wishing they were here to enjoy the life you have.


Now that I have depressed myself...Happy 1 month Birthday Sweetheart!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh Windsor she gets more beautiful by the minute. Your father would be so proud to see you and your sweet family. He is watching you from heaven and celebrating these joys along with you. There is no one that could ever fill that void. However,knowing how much he loves you and Walker and the stories of his interactions with Walker will carry through to Margaret Ruth. I love you!

Donna said...

That was a sweet post. Roy told me once that your dad was the "Cool Uncle"...the one who would take the boys to ride jet skis. He said you would always have fun with Uncle Ted! I know he would have been the same way with his grandkids:)

MR is so sweet! I think she resembles Graham babies:) Something about the mouth.

Johnston Family said...

Wow, she is so long. She is cute as can be.

I am sorry that you are missing your dad but know that your Heavenly Father is with you at all times and is loving you and your little family.

Miss you!