Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sister Time


This weekend flew by...Never enough time when it comes to hanging out with family. Noelle and her family arrived late Friday night. Virginia Ruth and Reagan (who has grown leaps and bounds since I last saw him in Dec.) held onto one of the parents as they entered the house. Within moments Virginia Ruth asked to hold Margaret Ruth and Reagan was talking up a storm, (no one can understand a word but everyone nods in agreement). When we woke up on Sat. we were greeted with a miserably rainy day, but Aunt Woo (that's me) made bacon, fruit and waffles for breakfast. Meanwhile Uncle T stepped out to do some work...breakfast soon turned into lunch which turned into afternoon naps for all. Needless to say we were all very lazy and didn't get around to doing much...Late afternoon brought some blue sky and sun. We were going to take a walk, but Noelle and I decided to go shopping at a used kids store. When we got out of my car at the store it was 57 degrees, we shopped for 15 minutes and then noticed the rain started up again. Within seconds it was a full on downpour with hail and heavy winds. We waited until it slowed so that the baby wouldn't get soaked! When we got in the car to leave (20 min. later) it was 42 degrees. Very wild weather. As soon as we pulled into the driveway I say a huge limb where my car usually sits...thank God for shopping...and the power was out. Cooking dinner was out so we decided on Japanese Steakhouse. YUM! The kids did great through the whole meal and I survived my first public feeding with MR. (: (Recently, security asked a woman to leave a local mall for breastfeeding in public). We hoped the power would be on when we returned but it wasn't so we played a game and chatted by candlelight. Eventually everyone was bored and decided bed was best. This morning I slept in due to the baby not wanting to sleep last night, but when I awoke my husband had brought me a fresh from the oven cinnamon roll and my sister had made dinner for tonight. Talk about heaven. After a few pictures (see pics) I was sad to wave the Davis clan off, but happy for their visit.

P.S. My sister who is 71/2 months pregnant is so tiny and beautiful....I am so excited to have a niece or nephew to add to the mix.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

What a sweet picture of the kids!!! Can you believe you and Noelle have this mess of kids? It is wonderful! Love you up in PA!

Johnston Family said...

Sounds like you had a great time... I know the bitter sweet feeling when you have to say goodbye to family that you don't get to see very often.
All very beautiful children.