Friday, April 25, 2008

How did we do that?

The other day the boys were in the yard playing with the neighbor kids. I was watching them play their games and noticed two really special things. #1 Zach was playing so sweet with the little girl his age, (she is really cute too, but Zach hasn't noticed YET...Yeah!). He would watch over her and make sure she was okay and safe from the tagger. It was really cute. #2 Walker has a tender spot for little ones. We have a neighbor who is no more than four and she is a true tom boy. Well, I observed Walker slowing down so she could catch him when she was it. He would encourage her. He even came up to me and told me that he couldn't wait for Margaret Ruth to be able to play games! It was precious to watch how tender and kind he was.

It made me take a step back and smile...These boys might not have manners (burping/farting inappropriately) but they sure are good eggs! We have done something right! We are so proud of the young men they have become and look forward to seeing how they finish turning out!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

How sweet! I am sure that was such a great moment for you as a mom to see what caring, sensative, little men you are raising. Thank goodness for those moments, huh?! :) I am sure you are an amazing mother!

Cissie said...

What good boys! I know that makes you proud. But they will never out grow the farting or burping.