Thursday, May 15, 2008

The vacation adventure...Very Long Post

Okay, so I am a week late with this post, but it is a traveling adventure I soon rather forget. Don't get me wrong we had a blast with my best friend and her family, but it was a nightmare to get home...

To pick up where I left off in my previous post (three posts ago) that the doctor told me I couldn't fly and put me on antibiotics. My Knight in Shining Armor, Todd, decided that if I was to stay we all would because he didn't want me to travel alone with the baby. So, he called the airline and made arrangements for us to fly home on "Thursday". So, we spent the next couple of days enjoying our extra time with Meghan and family. We were also praying that the antibiotic's would kick in and I would feel fabulous in the next day or two...ha. Apparently the antibiotics weren't effective b/c I felt the same come Wednesday night when Todd went to check in for our flight. Well, the nightmare begins... As I finished packing to leave the next day, Todd decided to check in and realized he couldn't check in. So, he called the airline and they told him that was because our flight was Friday. The lady who took care of us on Monday made a mistake and put us on the wrong day...Todd was very patient being put on hold for long periods of time. After being transferred several times they told him he had to talk to customer service. The time was 10:03 PM and they informed him that customer service closed at 10:00 PM. Augh...So, we had to wait until Thurs. morning to call to see if they could correct the mistake. We woke up on Thurs. very sure that we would get on...It was the airlines mistake and they had enough seats...or so we thought! This is the part where my bragging about flying all of us to Fla. for $79.00 bites me in the rear...Because we were advantage points they couldn't give us the seats due to all the advantage point seats being taken. The others were reserved for paying customers...Augh. At this point my husband, who was planning on being gone for 5 days has now been gone 7 days. Yet, the kind man he is just shrugged his shoulders and said "what can we do". On Thursday night I started the whole process again..packing, picking out outfits, etc...We got up and got ready for our "1:00" flight and were ready early, so Meghan suggested that we eat close to the airport so that we won't have to buy airport food. We decided on a good fattening breakfast at IHOP. We ate to our hearts content. Before we left I decided it was best to feed the baby, so we sat around for 10 mins letting her eat. We all gathered one last time into Meghan's car and drove to the airport. We said our goodbyes finally! We walk into the airport and the ticket agents asked us what flight we were on we told them and they said, "that has left already". What?!!!! Todd had mixed up the time the flight left at 12 and they had closed the doors. AUGH!!! Poor Todd all he wanted to do was work. When you own your own business it isn't like someone else can cover...he was so backed up. Needless to say we had to wait for the 3PM flight and finally arrived home around midnight. It was wonderful to be in our bed!!!

Despite our travel mishaps we had a wonderful time with Meghan and her family. Their is no one else in this life I would rather spend time with. Our kids adore each other and don't ever fight. Our husbands enjoy each other and spend some time on scooters riding around. Of course we love being together...No one else in this world we could all do that with. When God picked her for my best friend he truly knew what he was doing and orchestrated our families to love each other. We are truly family...

Finally about my never ending sickness...Thankfully only Michael (Meghan's oldest) got a sore throat. Everyone seems to have missed this bug. The baby went to the doctor on Monday and they okayed her. On Tuesday I went to the Doctor and they said I have bronchitis and sinusitis (?). She put me on a stronger antibiotic. So far I still have clogged ears and a terrible cough, but we are crossing our fingers this round of antibiotic's work.

Here are the pictures of our vacation...



Lastly, today we were playing with Margaret Ruth and we soon realized she had created a beard around her mouth with her bubbles. Much to Todd's dismay she drooles like it is no one's buisness.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

It was a wonderful week and your entire family is loved and treasured by our entire family. Those pictures were amazing!!! Now I need copies =)I will email you mine...

Love you!!!

Unknown said...

You have great travel/vacation blog !!!

Find vacation rentals in worldwide directory
HolidayHomes.ca ownerdirect vacation
Thank you!!!

Kristy said...

Oh Windsor...what a trip! That is crazy with the plane situation...pretty funny, although I am sure it wasn't too funny while it was happening. Thats so awesome that you have a friend like that where your husbands and kids get along so well. What a blessing that is.

Love the beard on MR. She is getting more and more adorable!

Hope you are feeling better soon!