I am sorry for not keeping my blog updated. Of course it is that time a year when the kids have busy schedules, Todd is working and I am helping and we try to fit in the few days we have nice outside.
Yet, for the past two weeks I have dreaded today when my sweet Margaret Ruth had to have "surgery". Now most people at CHOP, our children's hospital, have bigger things to worry about...cancer, heart surgeries, face reconstruction and more major issues...It is all relative. Even though this was the least invasive surgery that she will have to have it caused the same amount of worry. Today was a rectal biopsy and flex. sig. which as you can tell deal with her bottom. Boy oh Boy she was trooper. She arose with us all...4:30 AM...and of course wanted her milk, but we had to avoid that. She cried for a little while before falling asleep in the car. Once we registered and the nurse called us...all of our nerves were shot. We undressed her and answered a million people's questions. I begged for them to let me take her to the OR just so I would be the last person she would see. The doctors obliged and I got dressed in the "Bunny Suit". This suit was an XL and I looked like the marshmallow man. Once in the OR they put her mask on her to give her the happy air...she screamed for 30 sec. before falling limp and they quickly whisked me away. We went and sat in the waiting room and had a little breakfast. As I was sitting there I saw a woman who had a magazine that was "Southern Living at Home"...what? Where did she get that? Of course I had to ask her b/c I love my magazine of Southern Living! She told me it was a "Home Decor" magazine where you have home parties. We chatted a bit and she gave me a magazine. Of course she wanted me to schedule our home party, but b/c we were bother there for our children she said to contact her if I was interested. She informed me her son was there to have a tonsillectomy and a re-circumcision...OUCH. Needless to say we heard his screams when he was in his recovery room. All the nurses were shocked that he had to go through all those procedures and every one's heart went out to him. Within an hour of her leaving my arms the Dr. came out and said she needed her mommy. She was crying in the nurses arms and wanted to have me and my boobs. That calmed her down. By 9:45 we were at our car headed home! She has been sleeping since.
On Friday we will have the results of both procedures. We are hoping to have answers then! If everything shows up okay they are suggesting "untethering her cord", which means getting rid of the fatty tissue on her spine. Untethering her cord is a 50/50 chance of helping her constipation issues.Todd and I are a little unsure what to do. If they can't give us a bigger percentage than 50% and they can assure us this won't be a problem in the long run then we aren't really sure we will go ahead with the surgery. It just might be her system...
I don't know...What do you all think?
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
1 comment:
Oh windsor, I can't help you with what I think. But I glad the procedure went well. Have you gotten the results back? Let us know how it went. Love you all and give MR a kiss from us.
Post a Comment