A couple of weeks ago I ordered my political McCain/Palin signs. When they arrived I was so excited that I rushed to the front yard to display my choice. One of the signs was the standard sign and the other (close to my heart) had life with a baby in it waving the flag for my candidate. This sign managed to survive a nor'easter, wind, kids, mowing and me moving it to make sure that everyone could see it. At this point I think everyone knows where I am going with this...Today my neighbor knocks on the door and asked me where my sign was? What? I look outside and see that it is "missing". My neighbor then informs me that there is a republican sign stealer in the neighborhood and there has been since before Bush. UGH! Immediately I get enraged, begin my fingers snapping, the how dare they rant, I am an American feeling and it is my right statements. Whew...Finally I figured I would fight back. I called the police and made a report, I put out my regular McCain sign, called a friend and asked that when she was at the republican headquarters tomorrow could she tell them my story and get 50 signs so I can proudly display them. Then I called Todd and said "Babe can you get me a poster board, so I can make a sign", hesitantly he did. As soon as I returned home from MR's swimming lesson I began my masterpiece and put it in my yard.
Here is my response:

Here is what it reads:
To the turd who stole my sign: As an American it is my right to display my political preferences. You have NO right to steal my purchased property. I have reported this loss to the police and will video tape the sign for the weeks ahead. I will press charges when you are caught!
I bit unprofessional, but my point is made. The sign will remain until after the election or it is stolen then I will have to display another sign.
5 comments:
you tell em!
You are a woman I admire! Go Windsor! I am laughing and furious at the same time.
Democrats are always about equal rights and opinion speaking, but as soon as we voice our opinion none is to be heard.
THat is hilarious!
hahahahah!!!!! Oh my gosh Windsor, that was stinking hilarious! That made me LOL!!!!!! I love it! And feel pretty sure your signs will not be messed with anymore! Way to stick it to 'em! hahaha :)
Gosh. Is the theft of a billboard such a threat to US style democracy ? The World is currently facing financial meltdown with mass starvation and epidemic in parts of Africa and Asia where people really can suffer for their political/religious beliefs.
Post a Comment