Monday, June 29, 2009

Figures...

Well, to go with the theme of my last post...

My Doctor looked at me today and said to me that "I think your body is telling you this has to be the last baby!" I told her we agreed complete and wanted them to tie me while I was still in the hospital. She smiled and said that she would do everything she could to make that happen.

Why you ask? My standard glucose testing came back abnormal. So, tomorrow I am going to have to fast and take the 3 hour test which entails drinking (the nasty drink) then getting pricked an hour later, stuck an hour after the first and getting a final blood drawl three hours after the drink. Let's just hope that they don't make me drink more of that corn sryup than that once, but then again at this rate any thing goes! (: I called my thyroid doc. and warned her what was going on and she was stunned/surprised. Even though after the surgery other things can get out of whack she was hoping that my calcium was it. She was so happy when my labs came back last week and I was finally in the normal range as far as my thyroid levels were concerned. Now this...Thankfully she will be the Doc. treating me if my blood work shows that I do have the diabetes.

On the other front I mentioned in my last post that I felt uncomfortable and that he was big. My doc. told me I am measuring two weeks ahead of the baby's measurements. Not sure what that means, but I was prescribed another round of ultrasounds for excessive fetal growth. As far as the hip...Well, apparently that can happen when you have babies back to back. My fall didn't cause it, but just aggravated the situation. My dr. had a baby 10 months ago and she had the same issue. She said that it is very painful and something we just have to live through, but to listen to my body and stop when I need too. I should return to normal shortly after birth and if I don't she will recommend physical therapy.

After everything I asked her if I was out of the "high risk" category, she said with the surgery and the initial glucose testing I would be considered "high risk" the entire pregnancy. What does that mean? Ultrasounds every month, (which I love seeing him grow) and towards the end of the pregnancy non-stress tests every week. None of which is too much of a pain, but with Sept. being Todd's busiest season where he is never home it will be frustrating trying to figure his schedule and these appointments. Oh, well.

Onwards and upwards!

I am going to go MIA for a little while. This last result isn't a huge ordeal, but has really put me into a level of frustration that has me seeing nothing but negative. I think I have spread enough of that on our blog to last the rest of the year! I just need to process everything and begin to deal with it.

Have a safe and Happy 4th!

1 comment:

Kristi Smalley said...

Girl, be encouraged today. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this. I know you are going to be so ready to have this little boy safe and sound in the world.