First and foremost:
If you have visited my blog anytime recently you would have noticed a name the Bauders Boy poll. Well, if you noticed that later in the game Thadeous suddenly took a leap above all other names and if you remember Thadeus wasn't my name of choice. Guess who cheated? Yep, his name is Todd and since turning 40 has gotten awfully questionable in his naming ethics. Apparently, Todd decided to email/facebook status the poll for all his friends, associates and any others to vote for Thadeous. Needless, to say that the polling ended with Thadeous being ranked #1. Now, one might say well you put it up there so your friends could vote your way, but that isn't true. I truly wanted everyone to vote the way they felt and have something fun to do while we wait for our impending arrival.
With that said...there has been a decision on a name for baby boy Bauders, but we have decided to keep it a secret until we know it is official. So, stay tuned for the name in Sept.
On the baby front....My three hour gestational diabetes test came back negative. Yeah! I am the last person who should have diabetes since sugar is a food group to me! We did do an ultrasound yesterday b/c I was measuring two weeks bigger than what I actually was. Despite my desire he is still due on 9/25 and we weren't able to move the due date up two weeks, but did find out that I have high fluid levels. What that means? The baby has extra swimming room, that my discomfort (bigness) is to be expected, (the Dr. said yesterday that it means my birthing gift at the jewelry store has to be a bit larger...I am okay with that) and that he still thinks there is a stomach issue due to the larger fluid levels. They were able to see his stomach, but it was extremely small. This all means...they have to keep a watch on my fluid levels, it can cause my uterus into thinking I am further along and cause me to go into labor. I will also begin non-stress tests in a month. When I deliver before the baby can eat they have to do a swallowing test on the baby. What that means????? No idea, but when we see our pediatrician next month we will find out. We will also clue him into the issues that I have had with this pregnancy just so he is aware! So, nothing huge to deal with at the moment. It is just a wait and see kind of pregnancy I guess!
Well, wanted to give an update while we are getting situated from vacation. Pictures, post and Todd's birthday post to come.
Happy 25th birthday, Elijah~
8 months ago
1 comment:
I had a thought the other day....why not name this little guy Graham? I love the name anyway but since it is also a family name. Just a thought.
Post a Comment