Monday, November 23, 2009

No Leaks...Now onto full feeds!

Wohoo!!!!!! Wohoo!!!!! The study today revealed that Payson's connection site didn't leak and the surgeon was very pleased with his work!!!! He said it didn't look constricted at all and looks very straight with no narrowing! Yes!!!! Maybe he won't have to be stretched/dilated after all, but time will tell! The surgeon took out his painful chest tube and Payson has been a happy comfortable camper since!!! As I sit here and type I am watching them begin his feeds (first time since his repair), which he'll receive 40CC's over 4 hours, but they expect him to be at full feeds by morning and tomorrow we will try to breast feed! Are we really here at this point?! Tears of joy are filling my eyes! I finally have a son that can spit up, throw up and "swallow" then poop it out. My son's face is finally free of tubes and tape. What a precious, priceless fat face he has! Complete joy and thanksgiving has engulfed us! Now the hardest part is remaining patient in anticipation of his being released from the hospital. You know...it isn't going to be a Thanksgiving homecoming, but it will be sometime next week! Thank you so much wonderful and faithful Father for this precious life you have entrusted to us and have healed so perfectly!!!!! Thank you Lord, Thank you!

As one can imagine, this Thanksgiving we have many, many things to be thankful for...awesome friends, an amazing/helpful/prayerful community group, family, a place to lie our heads at night, Payson and his health, but more importantly that we believe in the One and Only God!!!!!!

What a long, strange road this has been! I can't believe we are in the home stretch and are chattering with the dr/nurses about taking him home! All I can say is Amen, Lord, Amen!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Christina said...

YAY!!! Praising God with you Windsor!! Such excellent news! (BTW...love the new blog look)

Melissa F. said...

That's awesome! I hope he takes quickly to swallowing and nursing!

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord!!!! We are thrilled for you that Payson is doing so well. Isn't it amazing how God sustains us when we are going through tough times? We continue to pray for all of you. Looking forward to a picture of Payson at home!! Love,Sandra

Donna said...

Windsor, I'm SO happy for you and your entire family. This has been such a hard road to walk and I am so happy that the end is in perfect sight! What a sweet feeling that will be for you when Payson can feed from you directly. I'm so happy for you!

Kristi Smalley said...

Windsor, I am so happy for you!!! What great news!! I know you are walking on cloud nine. I can't wait to see more pictures of him.