Monday, December 14, 2009

Payson, Payson, Payson

Sorry I have been terrible about keeping our blog updated since we got home with Payson, but as you can imagine it is a little crazy with a special needs child!

Early this morning I woke up the the sound of Payson's faint cry. Mind you a hurricane could blow past my house and I'd sleep through it. There have been many nights that we have slept through his alarms, so for me to wake up to his pitiful cry is truly amazing. When I went to check on Payson I noticed he had had vomited while on his back, had labored breathing and was a little bluish. I spent some time cleaning him up and calming him down. With some time I was finally able to put him to bed. A little while later I heard his weak cry again I went in and noticed a sweaty, heavy breathing, bluish little boy. Once again I tried to calm him down and eventually put him to bed. Thirty minutes later Todd decided to give him a breathing treatment in hopes that would help ease his breathing. From there is went from bad to worse. Within minutes Todd stopped the treatment, was on the floor with Payson laying on his stomach in his arms ready for CPR. I called 911 and sent Walker out to the mailbox to let the police and ambulance know where we were. The EMT walked in and was shaking when he saw Payson...He had been an EMT for 12 years, but the only thing that scares him was children. He did reassure us that he could take care of Payson, but that those type of situations scare him. Within a few minutes Payson, was looking a little better so I scooped him up and into the ambulance I went. They took us to the closest local hospital where they determined that he needed to be transferred back to DuPont, so after waiting 3 hours in the local ER we went by ambulance back to DuPont. Seriously, why are we here again? Wasn't it less than two weeks ago that we left here happy as could be that our baby boy was coming home? This doesn't seem possible. I can't believe it. Needless, to say I sit here in the ER with my husband by my side while Payson lie on the bed sleeping semi peacefully. He is being admitted into the ICU for observation and respiratory support. A few good things is that he doesn't have the flu or RSV, but now onto find the culprit of his distress. This time I won't leave here without having some sort of back up at home...Over the weekend we have had 3 blue episodes one where we considered calling the ambulance.

Oh, did I mention that I haven't had a chance to shower and well I smell GREAT! (Tony the tiger voice).

I will post an update when I can, but please understand if I can't I am very overwhelmed with this new development with Payson, Christmas wrap up and trying to keep my head above water. Man when I get a second to soak this up I am gonna crash.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry about this episode. Just know we continue to pray for Payson and the entire family. We send our love to you all. Sandy